GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameaday (but not the SR competition)!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/02/01 at 22:35
Regular
It has come to my attention recently that when I start my computer each day it can be very boring and dull and I am sure many of you have also noticed this and sometimes cannot be bothered switching it on at times because there is nothing to look forward too and can't be bothered waiting for it to start up.

Well here is SHEEPY's idea of making your computer start up a bit more interesting how about for every day of the year you have a new game to play just after your computer has started. And while your computer is loading the title of the game could appear making you look forward to it starting up. The game you play i am not talking like a massive game just a sort of a small game like space invaders, pinball, card game etc. just to make things a bit more fun.

Another idea of mine but has not much to do with gaming is you could have a small animated character which you could program to appear while loading up asking " How are you today (name entered here)?" and then they could dance around or something.

Anyway there was just a short idea to make those boring loading days seem a bit more interesting I am sure many of you would like the idea of this!

Thanks for reading! POWER OF THE SHEEP
Sun 18/02/01 at 22:35
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It has come to my attention recently that when I start my computer each day it can be very boring and dull and I am sure many of you have also noticed this and sometimes cannot be bothered switching it on at times because there is nothing to look forward too and can't be bothered waiting for it to start up.

Well here is SHEEPY's idea of making your computer start up a bit more interesting how about for every day of the year you have a new game to play just after your computer has started. And while your computer is loading the title of the game could appear making you look forward to it starting up. The game you play i am not talking like a massive game just a sort of a small game like space invaders, pinball, card game etc. just to make things a bit more fun.

Another idea of mine but has not much to do with gaming is you could have a small animated character which you could program to appear while loading up asking " How are you today (name entered here)?" and then they could dance around or something.

Anyway there was just a short idea to make those boring loading days seem a bit more interesting I am sure many of you would like the idea of this!

Thanks for reading! POWER OF THE SHEEP
Sun 18/02/01 at 22:51
Regular
All those that had Ghostbusters on the C64, or something simular, should know of a little game that you could play while you waited for the game to load. It was space invaders... and because Ghostbusters was such a superb game, the added bonus of being able to play another good game while you waited was superb.

Bring back games while loading! I'll start the petition...
Sun 18/02/01 at 23:39
Your telling me, My Commodore 64 booted up faster than my PC. Ok that was a Rom chip, but seriously my P133 takes about a minute to boot up. Thats if it boots up at all, usually I get a bios error, or I have to tip the computer horisontal in order to get it to start!
Mon 19/02/01 at 20:15
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I own a N64. I don't have loading:)
Mon 19/02/01 at 20:30
I have an N64 too, mind you Perfect Dark takes a good few seconds (like 5) before your into the heat of the action, which is a little annoying!
Mon 19/02/01 at 20:47
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
On PD, don't hit any buttons while the screen is black. It goes faster.
Mon 19/02/01 at 23:08
Regular
"I like cheese"
GREAT IDEA SHEEPY!!

Namco did this with Tekken. While it was loading up, a little arcade spacheship shooting game came on (it was a lot like Space Invaders), and I didn't get bored waiting.

Sometimes, I got so addicted, I'd press select, so I could have another go!
Mon 19/02/01 at 23:17
"possibly impossible"
Ant. When are you going to write some more on Bleak Bleak Future...? You did some good stuff last time and the story must continue!

On topic - they should really concentrate on making loading times faster rather than having games to play while the game is loading, that's what a gameboy is for!
Mon 19/02/01 at 23:30
Regular
"I like cheese"
pb wrote:
> Ant. When are you going to write some more on Bleak Bleak Future...?
> You did some good stuff last time and the story must
> continue!

On topic - they should really concentrate on making
> loading times faster rather than having games to play while the game
> is loading, that's what a gameboy is for!

I just have. Before you asked me to.

Anyway, what good stuff was that, then?? {:) {:)

Mon 19/02/01 at 23:36
"possibly impossible"
er, anything?!

Yeah, I noticed you'd updated the topic as I refreshed the screen, strange!

Oh well. Gotta go home now, time to sleep! (preferably not until my car is safely parked though - I've got to drive for an hour before I even get home!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.