GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Steve Hislop has died..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/07/03 at 04:16
Regular
"Reigning British Superbike champion Steve Hislop has been killed in a helicopter accident in his native Scotland.

Hislop was flying his helicopter alone near Hawick in the Scottish Borders when the vehicle crashed.

Hislop, who was 41 when he died, ended his long quest for the domestic Superbike title last season after several near misses.

The Scot, who was born in Hawick, was a popular face at race tracks around the country.

Nicknamed 'Hizzy', as a rider he enjoyed podium finishes in World Superbikes but suffered an appalling accident at Rockingham in 2001 which ended his title hopes and left him with serious leg injuries.

He bounced back to win the championship last season but was immediately sacked by his MonsterMob Ducati team.

Police were alerted at around 4.50pm by a Mr and Mra Douglas who lived in the area.

Mrs Douglas said their Caerlanrig farm home is the nearest inhabited building to the scene of the crash. "We are about half a mile from where the crash happened," she confirmed.

Air Accident Investigation Branch inspectors were expected to arrive at the crash site at first light on Thursday, a spokesman said.

Later, police said debris from the helicopter had been discovered in remote countryside by the farmer late in the afternoon, but they believe the helicopter may have crashed earlier in the day."

Source :: Sky Sports

Tragic accident, very shocking. It says above he was 41 when he died...was it a birthday or something? Best wishes to his family and friends.
Thu 31/07/03 at 17:57
Regular
RIP Steve...
Thu 31/07/03 at 13:12
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Sad news.
I vas a big Sheene fan as a kid and like watching the races. Was a great fan of Hislop and his achievements.
Thu 31/07/03 at 08:44
Regular
"  "
No I think that was just his age. Shocking, I know that my brother was looking forward to seeing him race again after his neck trouble. I have met Steve twice, both times aquiring a signiture from him, one on a postcard and one on a mug, which I will now treasure deeply. I know my brother was a huge fan of him, and also my freind who also got a mug at the same time. R.I.P. Stve.
Thu 31/07/03 at 04:16
Regular
"Reigning British Superbike champion Steve Hislop has been killed in a helicopter accident in his native Scotland.

Hislop was flying his helicopter alone near Hawick in the Scottish Borders when the vehicle crashed.

Hislop, who was 41 when he died, ended his long quest for the domestic Superbike title last season after several near misses.

The Scot, who was born in Hawick, was a popular face at race tracks around the country.

Nicknamed 'Hizzy', as a rider he enjoyed podium finishes in World Superbikes but suffered an appalling accident at Rockingham in 2001 which ended his title hopes and left him with serious leg injuries.

He bounced back to win the championship last season but was immediately sacked by his MonsterMob Ducati team.

Police were alerted at around 4.50pm by a Mr and Mra Douglas who lived in the area.

Mrs Douglas said their Caerlanrig farm home is the nearest inhabited building to the scene of the crash. "We are about half a mile from where the crash happened," she confirmed.

Air Accident Investigation Branch inspectors were expected to arrive at the crash site at first light on Thursday, a spokesman said.

Later, police said debris from the helicopter had been discovered in remote countryside by the farmer late in the afternoon, but they believe the helicopter may have crashed earlier in the day."

Source :: Sky Sports

Tragic accident, very shocking. It says above he was 41 when he died...was it a birthday or something? Best wishes to his family and friends.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.