GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Automatic writing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/07/03 at 11:22
Regular
Automatic writing.

You know, where you sit down with a pen and a piece of paper, calm and empty the mind by circling the pen in the top left corner of the page, and when the inclination hits you, just write without thinking about what you're writing - just let the pen ribbon across the paper.

I've been experimenting with it for a few weeks now, and some of the stuff I've come out with has genuinely surprised me. It's like dragging thoughts from the subconscious into the conscious mind.

I've been doing one page at a time, then typing it out and correcting the spelling and grammar. A lot of what comes out is surreal and abstract - kind of like gobbledegook with a hidden agenda - but every now and then there's certain passages which really stand out. If you like doing a bit of creative writing and you're suffering from writer's block, I'd say it's a good method of unlocking new and different ideas.

It's my new hobby. Has anyone done it, tried it? Perhaps you've written a 50,000 word book on sadomasichistic unicorns in 3 hours - ?
Wed 30/07/03 at 20:58
Regular
"The Red Shift"
theres a form of art where you just clear your mind, close your eyes (maybe burn insence and stuff)basically disconnect from the world and just think, or not as the case maybe. basically to appear drugged up (or so it would seem) and then you just write/draw/paint etc.
Wed 30/07/03 at 20:10
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Nomad Soul wrote:
> Ho ho. Whay are you red? I've always wanted to be red.

Here's what you do:
Stop using your current account, and register again.
Hey presto - a red name!
Wed 30/07/03 at 12:34
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Woop Woop: that's the sound of the police.
Wed 30/07/03 at 12:11
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Yes, I believe it all started in the surrealist movement at the turn of the century - DADA and all that. Not "Doo Doo Doo, Da Da Da", that was The Police.
Wed 30/07/03 at 11:59
Regular
Ho ho. Whay are you red? I've always wanted to be red.
Wed 30/07/03 at 11:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
An entire thread of automatic writing.
Wed 30/07/03 at 11:49
Regular
"cachoo"
Oh.My.
Wed 30/07/03 at 11:48
Regular
gerrid the princess wrote:
> 

Let's analyse:

6 squares.
Squares have 4 sides.
6 x 4 = 24.
Reverse the 24 to get 42.

Unbelievable!

*42* - the meaning of life itself.
Wed 30/07/03 at 11:45
Regular
"cachoo"
Ah good good.
I see how you mean now.
Wed 30/07/03 at 11:41
Regular
I think he was referring to gerrid's 6 squares in a row masterpiece.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.