GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[DVD] Peep Show Series 1-5"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/05/09 at 18:30
Regular
"How Ironic"
David Mitchell and Robert Webb, famous for 'That Mitchell and Webb Look', currently releasing a new series of it. But i'm here to write about 'Peep Show', one of the funniest series i own.

I was introduced to 'Peep Show' by my sister. I was intrigued by the style in which it was shot, because as the title suggests, everything in the series is shot in the perspective of different characters.

The storyline surrounds Mark Corrigan (David Mitchell) and Jez/Jeremy (Robert Webb). Mark is a loan manager, who is love struck by a collegue named Sophie Chapman (Olivia Colman), but he just can't seem to make the move. Jez is a unfound musical 'talent' who is in a band with his friend Super Hans.

Mark and Jez met in the fictional Dartmouth University, and now live in Apollo house. Throughout the series, they refer to themselves as 'The El Dude Brothers' (a name from their days as students) and this is usually followed by a siren noise and a miming of pulling a level down.

I'm not going to take you through the entire story spanning the 5 series as then there would be no point in watching them. Instead, i'll go through the problems and my opinions on the 5 series. I found as the story progressed, it seemed to get a little less creative, towards the end, the inevitable that you were waiting for began to happen, and it was just dragged out too long for me. The humour throughout cannot be denied, the awkwardness of Mark is hilarious, and the 'do whatever' attitude of Jez never gets old.

The best thing about the show for me is the unique point of view, that you can actually see the situations from the eyes of the characters, although you only ever hear the thoughts of Mark and Jez, otherwise it would just get too confusing.

The storyline doesn't get to over the top, nothing drastic or unrealistic happens, which i was happy about, as that would've put me right off. It's a series which can be watched over and over again though, as there are 30 episodes so far, and you forget the story after awhile.

One thing i'm unhappy about is the amount of series scheduled for release. Unlike a great british comedy, like Fawlty Towers which is a mere 12 episodes, but an instant classic, Peep Show needs to be long, but a series is being released this summer, and one has been scheduled for next summer, and i just feel that they're selling out on such a DVD success. Peep Show hasn't done well while it was broadcast on television, but it has been a great success as a DVD series. I picked up all 5 series for £25 awhile ago, but you can get the 5 series for £17/18 now Here I highly recommend buying it, as i doubt the next 2 series are going to be very good, but if you want to buy them all in one boxset, you'll have to wait awhile. And who knows how long they're going to drag out the storyline.

Overall Rating 8/10
Tue 12/05/09 at 18:30
Regular
"How Ironic"
David Mitchell and Robert Webb, famous for 'That Mitchell and Webb Look', currently releasing a new series of it. But i'm here to write about 'Peep Show', one of the funniest series i own.

I was introduced to 'Peep Show' by my sister. I was intrigued by the style in which it was shot, because as the title suggests, everything in the series is shot in the perspective of different characters.

The storyline surrounds Mark Corrigan (David Mitchell) and Jez/Jeremy (Robert Webb). Mark is a loan manager, who is love struck by a collegue named Sophie Chapman (Olivia Colman), but he just can't seem to make the move. Jez is a unfound musical 'talent' who is in a band with his friend Super Hans.

Mark and Jez met in the fictional Dartmouth University, and now live in Apollo house. Throughout the series, they refer to themselves as 'The El Dude Brothers' (a name from their days as students) and this is usually followed by a siren noise and a miming of pulling a level down.

I'm not going to take you through the entire story spanning the 5 series as then there would be no point in watching them. Instead, i'll go through the problems and my opinions on the 5 series. I found as the story progressed, it seemed to get a little less creative, towards the end, the inevitable that you were waiting for began to happen, and it was just dragged out too long for me. The humour throughout cannot be denied, the awkwardness of Mark is hilarious, and the 'do whatever' attitude of Jez never gets old.

The best thing about the show for me is the unique point of view, that you can actually see the situations from the eyes of the characters, although you only ever hear the thoughts of Mark and Jez, otherwise it would just get too confusing.

The storyline doesn't get to over the top, nothing drastic or unrealistic happens, which i was happy about, as that would've put me right off. It's a series which can be watched over and over again though, as there are 30 episodes so far, and you forget the story after awhile.

One thing i'm unhappy about is the amount of series scheduled for release. Unlike a great british comedy, like Fawlty Towers which is a mere 12 episodes, but an instant classic, Peep Show needs to be long, but a series is being released this summer, and one has been scheduled for next summer, and i just feel that they're selling out on such a DVD success. Peep Show hasn't done well while it was broadcast on television, but it has been a great success as a DVD series. I picked up all 5 series for £25 awhile ago, but you can get the 5 series for £17/18 now Here I highly recommend buying it, as i doubt the next 2 series are going to be very good, but if you want to buy them all in one boxset, you'll have to wait awhile. And who knows how long they're going to drag out the storyline.

Overall Rating 8/10
Wed 13/05/09 at 07:24
Regular
"I like turtles"
Good review mate.Along with Spaced,Peep Show is the best sitcom of the last decade IMO.'Crunchie Nut Cornflakles are just Frosties for w*****s',often wondered why Kelloggs never used Jez's slogan in one of their ad campaigns ! :)
Wed 13/05/09 at 12:12
Regular
"How Ironic"
Haha too true ;P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.