GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Third Place ---- What does it mean???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/02/01 at 23:47
Regular
The Third Place ---- What does it mean???

Sonys recent PS2 advertising campaigne says that the PS2 will take you to "The Third Place"... But what does this mean???

From what I can gather its somewhere thats not Work, not home but somewhere else (i.e. The Third Place!).

So what do you think this means??? Do you think the Third place suggests PS2 will end up with the Third best market position after Gamecube and X-box??? Tell me your wild and wacky interpretations!
Mon 19/02/01 at 19:40
Thats the ThirdWorld, and yes that was Sick!
Sun 18/02/01 at 15:52
I maybe sick but I imagine starving people and mud huts (get it!)
Sun 18/02/01 at 15:27
I heard somewhere that it was intended to be something about the next stage for games i.e
1st Place- the 2D consoles that started the whole console thing off (NES for example)
2nd Place- the 3D consoles that started off the next age of gaming (such as the PSX for example)
3rd Place- where we are now with the new generation of consoles which currently consists of PS2 and DC.
This theory probably isn't correct so feel free to pick fault with anything mentioned in it.
Sun 18/02/01 at 01:14
Well, I saw Midnight Club Street racing again today in Comet - I saw people physically throwing up around it! Anyway, I like Edgy's idea - the Irish ting.

Who cares now, all the retailers will back it until the GBA arrives, then all the retailers will back it until the XBox arrives - I saw Moto GP in EB - looked ok, but I thought it was Ducatti World on the PS1...

It strikes me as though people like Sega aren't quite getting their timing right - had they made the DC £149.99 in the 'first' place they would have had a lot more sales under their belt, so that when the time was right they could have implemented the '2nd' place of timing and made it £129.99 so that we could all be in the best place instead of watching PS2 games.

Soul Calibur is now officially £9.95 in the store mentioned above shhh.

Sat 17/02/01 at 23:27
Regular
PS1 is the same console but doesn't allow the console link
Sat 17/02/01 at 21:31
Regular
"You've upset me"
Ant wrote:
> It could mean it's the third Sony console.

PSX, PS1, PS2.

Get
> it??

PSX and the PS1 are the same console, aren't they?
Sat 17/02/01 at 21:27
Thanks for your help Fantasy Meister, sorry I didnt have time to catch all the posts over the Christmas period as I was away, and only had acess through my friends computers!

Its a pretty silly ad campaigne in my opinion though, it leaves the opposition open to a slanging advertising capaigne, calling the PS2 "Third Rate" etc... Especially Microsoft I believe have some agressive negative advertising in the making!
Sat 17/02/01 at 17:36
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
having seent he interview with the ad director, it's a place beyonf the fiorst place (reality) and the second (imaginery)... it's cr@p coz no one get's it!

Still... in america they had adverts wwhere they showcase the PS9! It showed it as having reality like graphics!

SonicRav
Sat 17/02/01 at 13:25
Regular
"I like cheese"
It could mean it's the third Sony console.

PSX, PS1, PS2.

Get it??
Sat 17/02/01 at 13:11
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
When i first read this topic, I thought u said that the 3rd place was somewhere that "doesn't work" , arther than isn't work! Maybe I've picked up on something!

SonicRav

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.