GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shameless idea pinching wanted"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/07/03 at 17:29
Regular
Hi there. I'm looking to expand my website in a number of imaginative, yet easy ways and I'm kind of looking for some ideas of how to bulk it out a little.

http://www.alistairgray.co.uk/
http://www.alistairgray.co.uk/playground.php

Basically, it's going to be split up into five sections:

Front page - the front page will link to the other four sections, and will feature a weblog on the front page, along with contact details and so forth. Also, it will feature a list of updates from the four sections.

Media section - this will have a photo gallery which I'll add to every now and then, and I'm thinking of allowing other people to host their photos too. Also, it'll have all me skate vids on, and possibly some of my/other people's music to download.

Playground section - where the fun happens! Sort of. This is the bit that needs bulking out the most. It's going to have a set of *whisper* forums (probably for personal use, not exactly an SR competitor) plus links to other cool websites, random stuff I like and possibly some silly little games, like the stuff monkey_man used to make. This bit needs more.

Theshiznit.co.uk - will make an appearance eventually. It's gonna be a film review website, where you can read my stuff, look at perdy pictures and read other people's reviews, eventually. You can look at the design here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.whiston/theshiznit/ Shame it doesn't follow the style of the rest of the site, but I kinda like the design.

CV - this is mostly done, and can be found at the current home page. Some admin work is being done at the moment, hopefully it'll function as a proper online portfolio/cv type thing.

And that's it. But it needs more, much more. And this is where you come in. I need your ideas for cool stuff I can do, that's not difficult to code or program, because I'm a designer and writer, not a programmer. Anything cool you'd like to see that might fit into the kinda style I've gone for, let me know your thoughts.

Cheers
Ali
Fri 01/08/03 at 02:42
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Mr Snuggly wrote:

> I slept with your sister once, true story. Well, in the same bed.
> And she yakked up on my bathroom floor and I had to clean it up. It
> smelt like carrots, but she hadn't been eating any.

Lovely
Mon 28/07/03 at 14:24
Regular
"bing bang bong"
From looking at your Glastonbury photos, I can triangulate your camping spot relative to our tent. You were precisely bloody far away. Was it you at the front of Electric 6 with the Gay Bar roadsign? You must have been nearby if not.

PS nice website, more photos \o/
Mon 28/07/03 at 13:01
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
ajg wrote:

> Pretty good thanks.
>
> I p!ssed in your garden once. I feel so dirty.

Ewwwww, that was you? I'd have expected that from someone like Rob or Karli, or even Stuart, but you?

I slept with your sister once, true story. Well, in the same bed. And she yakked up on my bathroom floor and I had to clean it up. It smelt like carrots, but she hadn't been eating any.
Mon 28/07/03 at 12:56
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> Quazimodo wrote:
> Videos of yourself.
>
> Hmmm. I'm sure Ali would prefer to keep those kind of things to
> himself *rolls eyes*

i didn't quite mean it in that sense......how about videos of random people who walk by your house, like drop an egg on em and watch um run away....
Mon 28/07/03 at 12:53
Regular
""
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Hey, I just looked at your details, I know you!
> How's your sister? I haven't seen her in ages... hope you're keeping well.

Pretty good thanks.

I p!ssed in your garden once. I feel so dirty.
Mon 28/07/03 at 12:43
Regular
Ooooo Ooooo! You say you like movies correct?

Make an area of the site devoted to your fave flicks/books/albums.

"Ali reccomends" etc.

I'll shut up now.
Mon 28/07/03 at 12:31
Regular
Quazimodo wrote:
> Videos of yourself.

Hmmm. I'm sure Ali would prefer to keep those kind of things to himself *rolls eyes*

Anyway.

Suggestion - Make an area of the site full of fun things (in the playground section). Like adding links to games. Links to things that would scare the living hell outta people (like that subliminal messages thing crazycol had). Links to things like

http://www.yaromat.de/macos8/

I liked the section on all your glastonbury photos - Maybe you could make more photo diarys of things you do? Like "A day in the life of Ali - At SR HQ"

Or there again you could just ignore me and continue with your own stuff.
Mon 28/07/03 at 11:17
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Hey, I just looked at your details, I know you!

Small world, isn't it? How's your sister? I haven't seen her in ages... hope you're keeping well.
Mon 28/07/03 at 09:52
Regular
""
Oooo - i recognise that face.

I know you. Well, more your brother. Spooky.
Sun 27/07/03 at 21:49
Regular
You need games, and you need to offer something....you could add some type of tutorial for something....Videos of yourself.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.