GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Driving - Urgh!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/07/03 at 22:33
Regular
Had around 25 hours worth of lessons now and just feel as if I'm going round in circles and I am never going to pass - Haven't stalled for ages but keep making stupid errors every now and again and am getting kind of fed up with it

I have a car and had speakers and stuff installed and it sounds real good - Just won't be able to drive it for ages and am contemplating selling it for bout £3,000 as the cash would be handy

Plus with the waiting list for tests bout 10 weeks and the success rate for 1st tests being slightly low i am a bit dismayed

Anyone else in the same situation?
Sat 26/07/03 at 22:33
Regular
Had around 25 hours worth of lessons now and just feel as if I'm going round in circles and I am never going to pass - Haven't stalled for ages but keep making stupid errors every now and again and am getting kind of fed up with it

I have a car and had speakers and stuff installed and it sounds real good - Just won't be able to drive it for ages and am contemplating selling it for bout £3,000 as the cash would be handy

Plus with the waiting list for tests bout 10 weeks and the success rate for 1st tests being slightly low i am a bit dismayed

Anyone else in the same situation?
Sat 26/07/03 at 22:53
Regular
I was. Book the test! do it wheter your instructor says too or not, they just screw you about and keep you going for as long as possible, its true i know a few of them! If you book a test they prioritise you and focus on that date. A driving test is about 80% luck, whether you get the right things happen or not can effect whether you pass. I know plenty of awful drivers who passed first time, and some really safe ones who drive really well and passed third or fourth time. once you reach a certain level your not going to improve much more until you start driving regularly, i passed second time, but in truth i was much better the first time, when i passed i hadn't driven for a month! before my first test i had been driving intensively but failed due to an appalling piece of bad luck when a bus broke down diagonally across a road.
Don't dispair, get some practice in and go for it, it gives you so much freedom, driving is one of the most important skills you learn and allows you to do so much more! go for it.
Sat 26/07/03 at 23:00
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I felt like that too, i also agree with what ashley said. My instructor probably would have had me taking 30 or more lessons if i didnt decide he was screwing me around and just went a booked the test.

I paid for 20 lessons and that was it, he said i still wasnt ready for my test, but i only failed because of a bread van parked on a corner. The 2nd time i sat it, (having had no more lessonns) i passed with 2 minor faults, and one of those was totally trivial.

Go ahead and book it, if the luck is in your favour you will pass.
Sun 27/07/03 at 00:14
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I had about 80+ lessons, and passed first time. I thought about quitting loads of times, but if I had, I wouldn't have passed and it would have been a waste of money. At least you've got a car to practice in, the only time I got to drive was when I was paying for it in the instructor's car!
Sun 27/07/03 at 01:18
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Over 80 lessons?

Your instructor saw you coming.
Sun 27/07/03 at 01:20
Regular
"accidental superher"
i had about 30 hrs of lessons...passed first time with...wait for it..14 minors hehe :D
of course i did it on purpose :P *honest*
Sun 27/07/03 at 01:20
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I've had 16

But in the last 6 weeks have had only one lesson. Dye to him being on holiday and then me. Which sucks.

My instructor doesn't explain things, even when I ask him.
Sun 27/07/03 at 11:12
Regular
"Hmmm....."
cookie monster wrote:
> Over 80 lessons?
>
> Your instructor saw you coming.

That's hardly fair is it?

I had about 45 lessons and passed 1st time. Some people catch on quickly and pass on 20 lessons. Others are foolish and book their test after 20 lessons and fail, then fail again and only pass on the 3rd try. That means that they will still have about 60 lessons and have to pay for the 3 tests on top of that.

You might aswell wait until YOU are confident about your skills and THEN book it. Theres no point wasting your money buying tests just because you think your instructer is 'screwing you over'. Your instructer is just a guide, it is up to you to decide when you feel comfortable with your skills.
Sun 27/07/03 at 11:17
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I found taking a brake from learning to be useful. I actually didn’t have a choice in the matter though.

I had 10 lessons and then my instructor booked my test, but the soonest one I could get was about 3 months off. So, I took two months off where I did very little driving (just some with my dad, none in the learner car). Then a month before my test I took another 3 lessons. My instructor thought I may be cutting it a little fine with the amount of lessons I had, but I just nailed it on the day.
Sun 27/07/03 at 12:38
Regular
i reckon you can pass it after about 10 lessons, you learn all the basics in the first 3 or so lessons and learn the rest of the manoeuvers by lesson ten, any lessons after that are spent just driving around practicising and in reality you don't improve that much until you actually start driving regularly by yourself.

Seriously book the test youve been learning long enough the test is pretty much pure luck and you will seriously get strung along.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.