GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"71 Million!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/07/03 at 13:46
Regular
What are Chelsea playing at, 71m for Raul of Real Madrid its crazy. Why don't they try to buy a younger striker for that sort of money?

Bckpac
:>P
Sat 26/07/03 at 13:46
Regular
"aka [EIRE] Taig"
What are Chelsea playing at, 71m for Raul of Real Madrid its crazy. Why don't they try to buy a younger striker for that sort of money?

Bckpac
Sat 26/07/03 at 14:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Raul's only about 25/26 isn't he? Not exactly picking up his pension yet
Sat 26/07/03 at 14:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I think the question should be about why they want to spend so much money, not how old Raul is.

If Chelsea flop next season mafia man Abramovic (or however its spelt) is going to have the team slaughtered. Probably.
Sat 26/07/03 at 14:27
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Because it would probably take that much money just to get Real Madrid thinking of considering the offer. He's the golden boy of Madrid and if he goes i'm sure there'd be outcry but £71 Million in the bank might ease the pain of the loss a little.
Sat 26/07/03 at 14:36
Regular
"aka [EIRE] Taig"
He's 27 and the Real Madrid chairman has always said for the last 10 years he has been at the club that he is not for sale but at 27 and for 71million and paying wages of 8.6million a season I really don't think he is worth it. He should look down the road at Arsenal for Henry or at Raul's teammate Ronaldo if he is going to spend that amount of money on a player. If he offered that to Arsenal for Henry I think Henry would be happy to leave and Arsenal would be happy to take the money because it would help their cause for money because of the new stadium.

Bckpac
Sat 26/07/03 at 17:36
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Because it would probably take that much money just to get Real Madrid
> thinking of considering the offer. He's the golden boy of Madrid and
> if he goes i'm sure there'd be outcry but £71 Million in the
> bank might ease the pain of the loss a little.

---

He had just recently fallen out with Florentino Perez, though, and Real Madrid threatened to get rid of him, so if Chelsea had offered a few days earlier, with a much lower price, who knows what could've happened. Of course, they'd probably never actually get rid of him, but you can never tell with these things. And in an interview right after the bust up, Raul said the team he'd most like to play for other than Real Madrid would be Man United.

However, I don't really see him moving, especially to Chelsea, no matter how much money they've got.
Sat 26/07/03 at 19:05
Regular
Im probably the most outspoken chelsea fan here...and i don't believe for a second that this is true. Although it would be quite cool and if roman is prepared to do it then fairplay. He did get a half a billion pound dividend from the oil company at the end of the week so he's probably in a good mood! I'd rather they bought that bloomin midfielder! Emerson, Davids, baraja, viera, is quite simple really, ill arrange it if you want! all between 10 and 20mill including Viera and chuck vieri in and you looking at only just over 40 mill for the pair and then we'd have easily the strongest squad on paper and you'd save 30 mill!

Buggerr it just pay over the odds, give arsenal 25mill for viera and get the best holding midfielder in the world. Viera won't care so long as there are a lot of roubles waiting he'll wear blue, and for his skill i don't care about him being the biggest mercenary about!
Sat 26/07/03 at 19:35
Regular
"Colourless"
Ashley wrote:
> Im probably the most outspoken chelsea fan here...

Tch
Sat 26/07/03 at 20:06
Regular
I was wondering were you'd gone! Missed you! Needed some Chelsea backup in the last few weeks. I was careful to say out spoken rather than "biggest fan", as you are easily as hard core!
Sat 26/07/03 at 21:41
Regular
I think this is outrageous Raul is no way near worth 71 million.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.