GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"71 Million!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/07/03 at 13:46
Regular
What are Chelsea playing at, 71m for Raul of Real Madrid its crazy. Why don't they try to buy a younger striker for that sort of money?

Bckpac
:>P
Fri 01/08/03 at 18:59
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
chelsea are stupid I would never pay anything for a player like him.i would have rather have bought Beckham and Ronaldinho and a few hundred packets of lay's chips for the same price and a few bottles of coke.
Thu 31/07/03 at 11:07
Regular
"Long time no see!"
This is getting rediculous, now!!

I don't really know how or when it all started (although, big-chinned Jimmy Hill apparently had something to do with giving players "ideas" about "big wages"...) but sooner-or-later, someone has got to say 'STOP', before all this rediculously-high-spending gets out-of-hand!

Players going for over £20m is bad enough, if you ask me!
Not even Zinedine Zidane should be going for that kind of money, really!
And how clubs can just "give-in" to the Beckham's and co. of today's game and agree to their £120,000-a-week-PLUS deals is unbelievable!

They're supposed to be the managers and chairmen of the clubs - the people who are in-charge of what goes-on; and have the final-say on who-gets-what - but it seems like any big-name player who comes along instantly owns the club, or something...!!

Abramovich, carelessley flashing-his-cash in ludicrous amounts is only paving the way for more big-spenders to come to the Premiership and do the same as he is doing - eventually setting fees of £30m+ as "standard", along with wages soaring-past to £200,000-mark!

The future of Football is under threat.
With more Abramovich's on-the-way, I wouldn't be surprised to see the once-beautiful game in on the verge of destruction within the next 10-years, with the FA's, UEFA and FIFA as useless as they are!
Wed 30/07/03 at 20:06
Regular
"It's been a while.."
spam spam spam

shut it
Wed 30/07/03 at 20:02
"LoRD oF thE BEER"
Henry is man!!!!!!! you chelseains will never get 'the man'.the arsenal empire will never fall.ha ha hah hahahahahhah hah ahhah ha hah hahh ah hah ha hah hah ha hah ah hah hah ah hah hah ha hha hah hah hah hah ahah ah h. OK!
Sun 27/07/03 at 12:29
Regular
We could get Henry, but the right combination of factors would have to happen first. Patrick Viera is Crucial to arsenal and i think you find if they lose him in the next few weeks we will see arsenal crumble,

Realistically chelsea have a reasonable chance of signing viera now as arsenal will sell rather than lose him for nothing. If we leave it a year the bright lights of madrid will be a far more likely destination and of course united are another option.

If viera leaves, then i guarantee you pires will follow, they both only have 1 year left on their contracts and its no coincidence that pires hasn't signed before viera. With out Pires and Viera your midfield will be very ordinary with only ljungberg at world class standard. The next month will decide the next 5 years of arsenal.
Sun 27/07/03 at 00:11
Regular
You would really get Henry... NOT!
Sat 26/07/03 at 23:30
Regular
"Colourless"
Ashley wrote:
> I was wondering were you'd gone! Missed you! Needed some Chelsea
> backup in the last few weeks. I was careful to say out spoken rather
> than "biggest fan", as you are easily as hard core!

Yeah i noticed that. Well now i'm back and quite enjoying this period of radical speculation. Duff looked good yesterday, and johnson scored. I'm looking forward to seeing geremi. As long as we've got the money, why not buy Raul or others for that much, just shows that Roman means business.

Come on Chelski!!
Sat 26/07/03 at 21:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
AfroJoe wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> Because it would probably take that much money just to get Real
> Madrid
> thinking of considering the offer. He's the golden boy of Madrid and
> if he goes i'm sure there'd be outcry but £71 Million in the
> bank might ease the pain of the loss a little.
>
> ---
>
> He had just recently fallen out with Florentino Perez, though, and
> Real Madrid threatened to get rid of him, so if Chelsea had offered a
> few days earlier, with a much lower price, who knows what could've
> happened. Of course, they'd probably never actually get rid of him,
> but you can never tell with these things.

Sorry i meant he's the golden boy among all the Real fans not the board if i didn't make too clear sorry. I was saying if they sold him then the Real fans would probably be banging on the chairmans door trying to lynch him for selling their favourite player
Sat 26/07/03 at 21:41
Regular
I think this is outrageous Raul is no way near worth 71 million.
Sat 26/07/03 at 20:06
Regular
I was wondering were you'd gone! Missed you! Needed some Chelsea backup in the last few weeks. I was careful to say out spoken rather than "biggest fan", as you are easily as hard core!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.