GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New to site - Can I ask a stupid question??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/05/09 at 23:07
Regular
Hi, I am a complete novice so I apologise if this is a really stupid question.

I am trying to set up a website for our school PTA , I spoke to the sales team and they said I needed a domain name (got that) and to have the VIP+ hosting as I need to password protect some pages. Do I also need to get the Website Builder? I can't see how I make my pages otherwise, but then, the website builder says it includes hosting so do I need the VIP+ package??

If anyone can clear this up I would really appreciate it, at the moment I'd be grateful of any help I can get!

Thanks,

Lynne
Fri 08/05/09 at 23:07
Regular
Hi, I am a complete novice so I apologise if this is a really stupid question.

I am trying to set up a website for our school PTA , I spoke to the sales team and they said I needed a domain name (got that) and to have the VIP+ hosting as I need to password protect some pages. Do I also need to get the Website Builder? I can't see how I make my pages otherwise, but then, the website builder says it includes hosting so do I need the VIP+ package??

If anyone can clear this up I would really appreciate it, at the moment I'd be grateful of any help I can get!

Thanks,

Lynne
Sat 09/05/09 at 09:46
Regular
I would suggest in the first instance to phone Freeola customer services. I am sure that they would work out the best deal for you.

A lot depends on how confident you are at building a web site, if you have no experiance then you will need to use the esay web site builder thing, or if its not your first attempt then you can use frontpage or any other web site building software.

Hope thats of some help.

Digi
Mon 11/05/09 at 08:40
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
The InstantPro and VIP (+) hosting packages are mutually exclusive, i.e. you only need one.

If you are a confident web designer, have a program to create your site or have a designer to create your pages for you then VIP Hosting is the way to go. The VIP+ service will also give you the password protected areas you require.

Like Digi says, InstantPro is your best best if you are not that confident on Web Design or like the look of our template system. However, this service does not include any password protected areas.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.