GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does 99 pounds tempt you?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/02/01 at 13:24
Regular
So now the Dreamcast is under 100 pounds how many people does this tempt into buying it?????????
Fri 16/02/01 at 13:24
Regular
"MSR Rules"
So now the Dreamcast is under 100 pounds how many people does this tempt into buying it?????????
Fri 16/02/01 at 13:26
Regular
"not dead"
No.

I don't have £100 to spare. *_o

If I did have plenty of money to spare (and plenty of time) I would have bought one long ago!
Fri 16/02/01 at 13:52
"High polygon count"
Not tempted.

To be honest, I couldn't say why not!
Fri 16/02/01 at 14:11
The thing is, had Sega bothered to advertised when they made it £149.99, people would have bought it then, and they wouldn't be in the predicament they're in now. £99.99 is a superb offer for an Internet ready machine, I just hope they sell enough now that more developers start making games for the format as Dreamcast is certainly not dead.
Fri 16/02/01 at 14:13
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Yes the DC may be under £100, but would I buy it?
No, not really. I will admit that there are some good games (although I didn't rate Crazy Taxi), but the DC's life is in months rather than years..... Now that Sega have admitted that production is to stop, most (if not all) 3rd party developers will now be turning their attentions to other formats - ie PS2, X-Box and GC.
Even though Sega have promised 100 games over the next year, how many of those will see a UK release and more importantly how many of them will be essential purchases?
As more time passes Sega's attentions will pass from the DC to other platforms aswell, as the user base and therefore the potential sales of a game is larger that that of the Dc, so why waste money making a DC game when Sega can product a GC game and get better sales from it?
Sega need to make money and loyality to their last console will mean nothing within the next 2 years.
The DC's days are numbered and before too long they'll be the kind of software support that the N64 has enjoyed (or hasn't) over the last year.

I you want a DC, get one, but if you want a cheap console that'll keep you happy intil a PS2 etc comes down in price, IMHO you'd be better off getting a PSX which had a much larger games library and is cheaper to buy.
Fri 16/02/01 at 15:03
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
It does tempt me, I mean if I didn't have the money, I don't suppose I would care but Now it is only £99.99 in some cases with Shenmue (Woolworths) I think that it would be good to get one! but then again how long will it last, I mean I only regularly play about 5 of my 23 N64 games, but I might play PSO more and plus I want Grandia II and Skies of Arcadia, and I want the DC top 20 from IGN, all the games look fun and

ANY GAME THAT A GAMERS ENJOYS IS A GOOD GAME

So you see for some itis woth it and they maybe collectors Items one day so get one and pack it away, and in 30 years time your sorted for life....or maybe not but you might be able to make a few squid!

The Game
Fri 16/02/01 at 15:05
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Am I tempted? Hell yeah! A console for under £100, that's a great deal! If you think about the games you canget for the DC at the moment like Shenmue and Jet Set Radio and all da games that are coming out soon like the Phantasy Star Online, it suddenyl becomes an essential purchase. i dunno about you lot but I'm going to the bank tonight!
Fri 16/02/01 at 15:21
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Hurry, Shops shut @ 6!!!!!

Hmm...Bank closes @ 1 doesn't it, or is that just Saturdays?!

I think I might get one today as well, I mean I have got to wait AAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEEESSSSS for Conker's BFD so I think Sonic Adventure should Keep Me going, or maybe Shenmue!

The Game
Fri 16/02/01 at 17:40
Go Go Go!

It seems as though the rest of you lot have already run off to the shops!

Believe me Dreamcast is worth double that.
Fri 16/02/01 at 22:31
Regular
Does £99 pounds tempt me? Yes.
Does £99 for a DC tempt me? No.
It was such a promising topic title, but a huge let down when I got here.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.