GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should Sega develop PS2 games?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/02/01 at 13:04
Regular
Being that Sega is the only console company out there that is worth a damn, I would have to say to screw porting their games to other consoles.

The mindless Playstation 2 buying sheep do not deserve quality games.
Unless Sega can make a game capable of setting PS2 consoles on fire, they should just keep making Dreamcast games.
Since when is a system a failure when it gets 5.5 million Americans to buy it in only a year and a half anyway?
I don't think the Intellivision or the Colecovision had those kind of numbers in their whole lifetime...

But if Sega HAS to go to another system, let it be X Box.
As it is all Sony's fault, I now refuse to buy a PS2, and I have hated Nintendo for years anyhow, the X Box is gonna be the only console I don't have any hatred towards.

Im off to make soft cooing noises to my Dreamcast to let it know everything will be alright.

No wonder people love Classic Game sites like this one so much.

Modern gaming really sucks a big one.
Fri 16/02/01 at 13:04
Being that Sega is the only console company out there that is worth a damn, I would have to say to screw porting their games to other consoles.

The mindless Playstation 2 buying sheep do not deserve quality games.
Unless Sega can make a game capable of setting PS2 consoles on fire, they should just keep making Dreamcast games.
Since when is a system a failure when it gets 5.5 million Americans to buy it in only a year and a half anyway?
I don't think the Intellivision or the Colecovision had those kind of numbers in their whole lifetime...

But if Sega HAS to go to another system, let it be X Box.
As it is all Sony's fault, I now refuse to buy a PS2, and I have hated Nintendo for years anyhow, the X Box is gonna be the only console I don't have any hatred towards.

Im off to make soft cooing noises to my Dreamcast to let it know everything will be alright.

No wonder people love Classic Game sites like this one so much.

Modern gaming really sucks a big one.
Fri 16/02/01 at 13:10
"High polygon count"
Meka, you naughty boy...
Fri 16/02/01 at 13:12
Regular
"not dead"
Nothing to do with me.

Honest Guv....
Fri 16/02/01 at 13:14
"High polygon count"
Do I believe you?

Well, *maybe* - could be Grix I suppose.
Fri 16/02/01 at 13:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
5.5 Million Americans bought one.
47% of Americans think they have been aducted by aliens at some point and all of them labour under the illusion that they are the most advanced nation on earth, when they have the highest rate of illiteracy of any developed nation.

Please, dont attempt to validate Dreamcast by using the U$A as an example.

Your posts do amuse me though - I'm guessing you're not at all bitter about Sega repeating their previous strategy of jumping the gun with new console and abandoning it when the new slew of machines come out.
Happened with Megadrive, happened with Saturn, happened with Dreamcast....
Does anyone else notice a pattern here?
Fri 16/02/01 at 13:18
And to answer the original question - yes, they should. Sega are a great software developer, and the PS2 will make them money to allow for future development.
Sat 17/02/01 at 18:27
Yeah, long live PS2!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.