GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buffalo Soldiers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/07/03 at 21:51
Regular
Grr, I really want to see this film but crappy Harlow won't let me. Here we have a film that dares to be slightly anti-American and anti-war, but can I see it at the cinema in Harlow? Can I nutsacks. Instead I have to put up with Matrix Reloaded (okay, it came out like three months ago), Hulk (fair enough) and Agent Cody Banks (wtf?). Come on!

For the record, it's a film set during the end of the Cold War around 1989, and is about a soldier called Ray Elwood (matnik-lookey-likey Joaquin Phoenix) who has shady black market connections, and when the new hard-nosed boss enters the corps, he tries to nob his daughter (Anna Paquin). Lovely. He also gets into trouble for selling a load of stolen weapons on the black market. I like the tagline though.

"War is hell, but Peace is... boring."

Anyone seen it? If so, you don't live in Harlow.
Wed 23/07/03 at 21:51
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Grr, I really want to see this film but crappy Harlow won't let me. Here we have a film that dares to be slightly anti-American and anti-war, but can I see it at the cinema in Harlow? Can I nutsacks. Instead I have to put up with Matrix Reloaded (okay, it came out like three months ago), Hulk (fair enough) and Agent Cody Banks (wtf?). Come on!

For the record, it's a film set during the end of the Cold War around 1989, and is about a soldier called Ray Elwood (matnik-lookey-likey Joaquin Phoenix) who has shady black market connections, and when the new hard-nosed boss enters the corps, he tries to nob his daughter (Anna Paquin). Lovely. He also gets into trouble for selling a load of stolen weapons on the black market. I like the tagline though.

"War is hell, but Peace is... boring."

Anyone seen it? If so, you don't live in Harlow.
Wed 23/07/03 at 22:07
Regular
Haven't seen it, but I want to. I've got nothing much more to add, just letting you know you're not alone in your desire to see it. I'm betting Cineworld MK won't show it. Piglet's Big Movie is a critically acclaiming masterpiece, after all.
Wed 23/07/03 at 22:23
Regular
It is you know...
Wed 23/07/03 at 22:28
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Are you sure
Wed 23/07/03 at 22:33
Regular
"Selected"
you should see Buffalo '66, its got nothing to do with Buffalo Soldiers or war at all but it's a far greater film in the genre of films with Buffalo in the title.

on another note, I have a tagline for the film im making:

"Survival of the fattest"

I'm not too sure what the story is yet mind.
Wed 23/07/03 at 22:49
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
When was it made, do you know?
Wed 23/07/03 at 23:56
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
mikelar wrote:
> you should see Buffalo '66, its got nothing to do with Buffalo
> Soldiers or war at all but it's a far greater film in the genre of
> films with Buffalo in the title.
>
> on another note, I have a tagline for the film im making:
>
> "Survival of the fattest"
>
> I'm not too sure what the story is yet mind.

I've seen it, it's good. Christina Ricci is also good in it. This is a good movie. Buffalo Soldiers cam out last Friday. At least, it did everywhere but mongy old Harlow.
Thu 24/07/03 at 01:48
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
It isnt showing at our cinema either.
Thu 24/07/03 at 09:44
Regular
"Festivus!"
mikelar wrote:
> "Survival of the fattest"

Wasn't that a NOFX album?
Thu 24/07/03 at 10:17
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Agent Cody Banks is the second worst film I've ever seen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.