GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"photoshop"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/07/03 at 16:13
Regular
My sister has asked me to find her a Photoshop book but, computer genius though I am, I've never used this program before and am feeling a little bit lost. There are approximately a million books available on amazon, some of which are no doubt complete crap. Has anyone got a particular recommendation/warning?

I'm currently leaning towards Photoshop 7 Bible: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/ 076453694X/ref=pd_rhf_p_3/202-7050327-7355848
Thu 24/07/03 at 08:22
Regular
www.retrospective.staghost.com/art.html even o_O Dont remember it having a html extension.
Thu 24/07/03 at 08:18
Regular
Tutorials and developing them to your own needs, all I can recommend. You really dont need a book in my opinion. What I did was just do as many tutorials as possible and then start making signatures for people on forums, as I still do. I wouldnt say I'm any good really but I'm better than I used to be thats for sure:

www.retrospective.staghost.com/art.htm
Thu 24/07/03 at 01:37
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Can I Add Your Icon To My DeviantArt Signature Tony Me on there too mainly photoshop stuff

http://vampant.deviantart.com/
Wed 23/07/03 at 23:19
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
wow a budding photoshopper.. hm.. I would suggest sites better than books since books offer confusion no end. Use sites and forums, they can further your knowledge.

hm..

here is some inspiration.

www.aeroscap.deviantart.com

that is my place with my works, most from photoshop some hmk :P
Wed 23/07/03 at 23:15
Regular
"relocated"
That's excellent, Miserableman, thanks very much. Might even have a go myself. Much appreciated!
Wed 23/07/03 at 21:18
Regular
"bing bang bong"
www.melonrock.com/material/ps.zip
Wed 23/07/03 at 17:34
Regular
"relocated"
Miserableman wrote:
> lOl DoNt UsE pHoToShOp It SuX mAn!!!!!!1111

That's certainly the impression I get from it. The only graphics program I can use without smashing the monitor in frustration is Fireworks MX, because it has a nice UI and you can move little lines around a pixel at a time - something that appeals to my hopelessly unartistic nature. It's useless with photo-editing, but then so am I.

Sadly my sister used Photoshop during her work experience, and will now only be satisfied with what she tells me in a very serious voice is the 'industry standard'. Why this matters to someone still at school and planning to go to art college is beyond me.

If you could post those ebooks then that would be fantastic, thanks. It will hopefully save my sister twenty quid, which she can spend on cheap cider and cigarettes.
Wed 23/07/03 at 17:00
Regular
"bing bang bong"
lOl DoNt UsE pHoToShOp It SuX mAn!!!!!!1111

I'm afraid I don't know, I've never used any manual/tutorial other than the help system. The Photoshop UI is a bit backwards :O/ I've got some ebook tutorials somewhere (I think), if you want them I'll slap them up on the web somewhere.
Wed 23/07/03 at 16:13
Regular
"relocated"
My sister has asked me to find her a Photoshop book but, computer genius though I am, I've never used this program before and am feeling a little bit lost. There are approximately a million books available on amazon, some of which are no doubt complete crap. Has anyone got a particular recommendation/warning?

I'm currently leaning towards Photoshop 7 Bible: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/ 076453694X/ref=pd_rhf_p_3/202-7050327-7355848

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.