GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Time for Veron to shine?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/07/03 at 11:53
Regular
We - once again - proved in the superb 4-0 win over a strong Celtic side this morning that we do NOT need David Beckham to play-well and find the back-of-the-net several times to get what we want.

And Fergie still hasn't bought-in a `Ronaldinho´ or `Kieron Dyer´ to replace him... But does he really need to?

One player we seem to have forgotten about is Juan-Sebastian Veron - the £28.1m Argentine midfielder who has never really found the "true form" of his days in Serie A that would guarrentee him the time and chances he deserves to really prove himself.

If he wasn't battling with Paul Scholes for a place in the starting-XI, it was always David Beckham who go in-his-way - but now he's moved-on.
And any talk of a possible £14m move to Chelsea for the "Little Witch" appears to have died-down, also, after Damien Duff signed for the Blues.

Does Sir Alex really need to chase-after £25m-man Kieron Dyer or Kleberson when it comes to replacing David Beckham?
Why not given Juan-Séba Veron a better chance, instead??

And I think that's the answer - and I'm sure Peter Kenyon would be happy to see an extra £30m-odd in this year's bank account -- for once!

We all know Veron is quality. He wouldn't have been signed for Manchester United for any other reason. We just need to see it for ourselves, really. And given the time and chances that David Beckham and co. have had in the United first-team for the past few years, I'm almost certain we'd be able to see the "real" Juan-Sebastian Veron.

Veron to take Beckham's place?
Is it really worth United spending another fortune on one-player with an Argentinian 'superstar' already in the squad??

What do you think?

----------

Well done to David Bellion for an impressive debut and goal, also! :D
Wed 23/07/03 at 11:53
Regular
"Long time no see!"
We - once again - proved in the superb 4-0 win over a strong Celtic side this morning that we do NOT need David Beckham to play-well and find the back-of-the-net several times to get what we want.

And Fergie still hasn't bought-in a `Ronaldinho´ or `Kieron Dyer´ to replace him... But does he really need to?

One player we seem to have forgotten about is Juan-Sebastian Veron - the £28.1m Argentine midfielder who has never really found the "true form" of his days in Serie A that would guarrentee him the time and chances he deserves to really prove himself.

If he wasn't battling with Paul Scholes for a place in the starting-XI, it was always David Beckham who go in-his-way - but now he's moved-on.
And any talk of a possible £14m move to Chelsea for the "Little Witch" appears to have died-down, also, after Damien Duff signed for the Blues.

Does Sir Alex really need to chase-after £25m-man Kieron Dyer or Kleberson when it comes to replacing David Beckham?
Why not given Juan-Séba Veron a better chance, instead??

And I think that's the answer - and I'm sure Peter Kenyon would be happy to see an extra £30m-odd in this year's bank account -- for once!

We all know Veron is quality. He wouldn't have been signed for Manchester United for any other reason. We just need to see it for ourselves, really. And given the time and chances that David Beckham and co. have had in the United first-team for the past few years, I'm almost certain we'd be able to see the "real" Juan-Sebastian Veron.

Veron to take Beckham's place?
Is it really worth United spending another fortune on one-player with an Argentinian 'superstar' already in the squad??

What do you think?

----------

Well done to David Bellion for an impressive debut and goal, also! :D
Wed 23/07/03 at 13:24
Regular
Veron should be able to take all the free-kicks now so that should give him more confidence and a better sense of responsibility. Hopefully he can have a injury free season and show us what he is really made of.
Wed 23/07/03 at 13:39
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Solsjaer looks like he'll be number 1 for the right wing role as he's played there for most of the end of last season and against Celtic and he seem assured there - coming in and feeding off Ruud.

To be honest im not sure what Veron/Kleberson's role's will be in the team - maybe he wants to rest Keane or push him into defence or maybe he'll use 'Seba/Kleba' in Europe and as he rotate's his squad.

I just wish Fergie had tried to sign Van Buytan or Escude instead od wasting his time trying to buy people like Ron and other midfielders. I have a severe doubt about G.Neville and a decent Right back come central defender would have been nice.
Wed 23/07/03 at 14:39
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
To be honest, United have several players capable of playing right wing, notably Veron, Solskjaer and Phil Neville. And don't forget Fletcher and Chadwick, who are both skilled and young.

If United need to sign anyone, it would be a relatively young Right-winger who could play for several years in the first team, and not just stay for a few years and then retire, like most foreigners who come over in their mid 20s to early 30s.

Can Dunn play on the right...?

I am not knocking the transfer market here, I'm just saying that if you invest in youth you can save money.
Thu 24/07/03 at 11:40
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well if Seba does get put on the right at least it'll be a better position for him then a defensive midfielder. Out on the right he'll get to create and we should see some good crosses and free kicks too (and unlike Becks he won't need about 5 goes to stick it in the net)

Unless Joaquin changes his mind and decides he would like to move to Manchester in which case Kenyon should get the cheque book out now.
Thu 24/07/03 at 13:43
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I think that Veron should be able to create more chances on the right, seeing he is more suited to that position.
Wed 30/07/03 at 12:39
Regular
It seems as though every source is saying Veron will join Chelsea by the end of the week!!!!

Although i'll be happy if we replace him with Joaquin!
Wed 30/07/03 at 13:06
Regular
"It's been a while.."
it does looke like Veron will do his 'shining' at chelsea.
Wed 30/07/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
United must have someone in mind if they are prepared to sell both Beckham and Seba.

They were probabaly the 'most' creative players United had/have got.
Wed 30/07/03 at 17:03
Regular
"It's been a while.."
I've heard Joaquin's name being thrown around, that wouldn't be a bad addition to a squad.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.