GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Time for Veron to shine?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/07/03 at 11:53
Regular
We - once again - proved in the superb 4-0 win over a strong Celtic side this morning that we do NOT need David Beckham to play-well and find the back-of-the-net several times to get what we want.

And Fergie still hasn't bought-in a `Ronaldinho´ or `Kieron Dyer´ to replace him... But does he really need to?

One player we seem to have forgotten about is Juan-Sebastian Veron - the £28.1m Argentine midfielder who has never really found the "true form" of his days in Serie A that would guarrentee him the time and chances he deserves to really prove himself.

If he wasn't battling with Paul Scholes for a place in the starting-XI, it was always David Beckham who go in-his-way - but now he's moved-on.
And any talk of a possible £14m move to Chelsea for the "Little Witch" appears to have died-down, also, after Damien Duff signed for the Blues.

Does Sir Alex really need to chase-after £25m-man Kieron Dyer or Kleberson when it comes to replacing David Beckham?
Why not given Juan-Séba Veron a better chance, instead??

And I think that's the answer - and I'm sure Peter Kenyon would be happy to see an extra £30m-odd in this year's bank account -- for once!

We all know Veron is quality. He wouldn't have been signed for Manchester United for any other reason. We just need to see it for ourselves, really. And given the time and chances that David Beckham and co. have had in the United first-team for the past few years, I'm almost certain we'd be able to see the "real" Juan-Sebastian Veron.

Veron to take Beckham's place?
Is it really worth United spending another fortune on one-player with an Argentinian 'superstar' already in the squad??

What do you think?

----------

Well done to David Bellion for an impressive debut and goal, also! :D
Thu 31/07/03 at 11:22
Regular
"Long time no see!"
There were a few reports at the start of the week, saying that United are preparing one-more-bid for Spanish winger Joaquin - but nothing else appears to have developed, since then.

Personally, I think he'd be a great signing to replace Beckham, and someone who is better-suited to that role than Veron would be - due to his experience as a "winger", like Giggs.

But it seems like the Kleberson deal is the one that's more-likely to actually happen, after both the 2 clubs and the player all agreed to the terms, as we now await to see whether-or-not the Brazillian will be granted a valid EU work-permit...

I don't really see how he's the right-man for anywhere in the midfield other than in the centre - and we've already signed Eric Djemba-Djemba to play there, so Fergie's probably switched to "idiot mode", once again! :(
Wed 30/07/03 at 19:49
Regular
"It's been a while.."
onr thing tht worrie mne as a spurs fan is the fact man utd have an eye on simon davies. With him now valued at 15 mil, and man utd without a right winger, spurs could soon be simondaviesless but 15 mil the richer.
Wed 30/07/03 at 19:49
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I've always liked Veron, as his passing and vision is superb.
Wed 30/07/03 at 19:48
I think with his Lazio form, £28 million wasn't bad, it's just that he hasn't been able to produce anything like it. But I have to say, he does usually get played in the wrong positions.
Wed 30/07/03 at 19:45
"LoRD oF thE BEER"
man.u were riped off for veron and he will never be a 28.1 mil pound player and its time he moves on to chelsea were he will mainly have place in the side
Wed 30/07/03 at 17:03
Regular
"It's been a while.."
I've heard Joaquin's name being thrown around, that wouldn't be a bad addition to a squad.
Wed 30/07/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
United must have someone in mind if they are prepared to sell both Beckham and Seba.

They were probabaly the 'most' creative players United had/have got.
Wed 30/07/03 at 13:06
Regular
"It's been a while.."
it does looke like Veron will do his 'shining' at chelsea.
Wed 30/07/03 at 12:39
Regular
It seems as though every source is saying Veron will join Chelsea by the end of the week!!!!

Although i'll be happy if we replace him with Joaquin!
Thu 24/07/03 at 13:43
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I think that Veron should be able to create more chances on the right, seeing he is more suited to that position.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.