GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Derren Brown - Russian Roulette"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/07/03 at 07:48
Regular
Channel 4 is to show a televised game of Russian roulette in which psychological illusionist Derren Brown will attempt to avoid shooting himself in the head.

The programme is part of an exclusive two-year deal Brown has signed with the broadcaster.

It will also include a seance special and a second series of his acclaimed show Derren Brown: Mind Control.

In the Russian roulette special, a real gun containing a real bullet will be pressed to Brown's head but the six chambers of the pistol will not be spun.

Brown will choose a member of the public to load the bullet into the pistol and will guess which of the numbered chambers it is in.

When the chamber he believes contains the bullet comes round to the barrel of the gun, Brown will fire it away from himself. He will hold the gun to his head for the other five chambers.

Channel 4 will broadcast a recording of the stunt rather than screening it live in case something goes wrong, reports Media Guardian.

The two specials will be broadcast on Channel 4 in October as part of a Magic Month season.

The season will also feature US magician David Blaine, escapologist Thomas Soloman and Scottish magicians Barry Jones and Stuart McCloud.

Excellent. Pity it's not live though, so we can't see his brains fly over the walls :|
Tue 22/07/03 at 16:12
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Yeah, did, was a typo. I meant to write "they" not "he". My fault :|
Tue 22/07/03 at 15:01
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Did you not read your own post? It's not him who won't do it live, it's the TV company.
Tue 22/07/03 at 12:54
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
I think he's a faker. He's not doing it live, so he can't be that confident. And even if he did, we'd never be sure if it was pre-recorded or not.
Tue 22/07/03 at 12:04
Regular
"The Red Shift"
that guys amazing. ive watched him alot and before he went on C4, the roulette things pointless but a new series would be good.
Tue 22/07/03 at 11:56
Regular
"we escape....."
still better than no roulette.....
Tue 22/07/03 at 10:37
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Kind of defeats the point of watching for me, if you know for sure he can't die. Might as well just not put a bullet in, as if he is shot it won't be shown.

Margh.
Tue 22/07/03 at 09:25
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Problem is: we'll never known if the bullet is real....even if they shoot it into a target after the game; it would be easy to switch guns, bullets etc.

I believe nothing I see on TV anymore due to my sceptical nature.
Tue 22/07/03 at 07:48
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Channel 4 is to show a televised game of Russian roulette in which psychological illusionist Derren Brown will attempt to avoid shooting himself in the head.

The programme is part of an exclusive two-year deal Brown has signed with the broadcaster.

It will also include a seance special and a second series of his acclaimed show Derren Brown: Mind Control.

In the Russian roulette special, a real gun containing a real bullet will be pressed to Brown's head but the six chambers of the pistol will not be spun.

Brown will choose a member of the public to load the bullet into the pistol and will guess which of the numbered chambers it is in.

When the chamber he believes contains the bullet comes round to the barrel of the gun, Brown will fire it away from himself. He will hold the gun to his head for the other five chambers.

Channel 4 will broadcast a recording of the stunt rather than screening it live in case something goes wrong, reports Media Guardian.

The two specials will be broadcast on Channel 4 in October as part of a Magic Month season.

The season will also feature US magician David Blaine, escapologist Thomas Soloman and Scottish magicians Barry Jones and Stuart McCloud.

Excellent. Pity it's not live though, so we can't see his brains fly over the walls :|

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.