GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email auto-forwarding has stopped"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/05/09 at 08:21
Regular
Auto-forwarding on eight of my email addresses has just stopped working.

The addresses to which the emails were forwarded have simply disappeared from the settings.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Wed 06/05/09 at 12:37
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
E-mail forwarding would not simply disappear, chances are these were removed as part of our ongoing housekeeping processes we run. If an e-mail address has been set up for forwarding for 12 months continuously it will be caught by this process.

At, or around, this time period an automated e-mail will be sent to the address the forwarding is going to, advising of this housekeeping and ways to prevent the forwarding being removed. At this stage a message will also appear within the MyFreeola 'homepage' asking for forwarding confirmation.

If neither of these are followed the forwarding will be removed when the script is next run a few weeks after the process is started.

In order to have the forwarding activated once more you simply need to log into your MyFreeola account and set this up again. All messages sent in between the forwarding being removed and re-activated will be held on the server ready for you to access from a mail client. Several guides for adding your Freeola e-mail address into the more popular mail clients can be found here.
Wed 06/05/09 at 08:35
"Are you sure?"
Gav1n wrote:
> Has anyone else had this problem?

Sounds worrying - *runs off to check accounts* - nope all looks ok for me!

Had the forwarding been in place for a long time?
I take it your MyFreeola password is secure. etc.?

Search Freeola Chat
Wed 06/05/09 at 08:21
Regular
Auto-forwarding on eight of my email addresses has just stopped working.

The addresses to which the emails were forwarded have simply disappeared from the settings.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.