GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My weekend"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/07/03 at 16:33
Regular
Hiya folks, another weekend of fun for me up at the hive of adventure that is Nottingham. "Adventure" as in the Nottingham Caves, and "hive" as in actual hives that you get from stress. Probably. Nah, it was pretty much a fun weekend, except I spent nearly twice as much as I intended to, but I've got loads of crap to show for it - CDs, DVDs, clothes.

Saw Hulk on Saturday. It's alright, hardly life changing. The action bits were good, but I didn't think to much of Ang Lee's arthouse interpretation. Always good to see a big green man smashing planes and tanks though! Went to some kind of hippy festival in a small park on Sunday. That was cool - they had owls and I stroked some kind of winged creature that wasn't an owl.

Got Led Zep 2 because some filthy beggar nicked my old copy. That rocks so hard, it's unbelievable! And I got Har Mar and the new Super Furry Animals. So far I'm not disappointed, but I guess time will tell. Got Flash Gordon on DVD, in honour of my mate getting his degree and meeting Brian Blessed on Friday. And a shirt for 3 pounds!

Highlight of the weekend has got to be the Nottingham Caves. Don't let the plastic exterior and gift shop fool you - it really is the most fun you can have in Nottingham on a Sunday morning. Not.
Tue 22/07/03 at 22:57
Regular
DébUK wrote:
> Quazimodo wrote:
>
> Isn't there a shop in leamington called Planet Bong?
>
> I have NO idea.
>
> Honestly.

Just my friends keep going on about it, they visit leamington spa quite often as it is only one bus away.
Tue 22/07/03 at 22:38
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Quazimodo wrote:

> Isn't there a shop in leamington called Planet Bong?

I have NO idea.

Honestly.
Tue 22/07/03 at 22:30
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
gamezfreak wrote:
>
> Don't venture into St Anns though - A lot of gun crime happens round
> there.

I thought that was 'St Anus'.
Tue 22/07/03 at 12:53
Regular
DébUK wrote:
> Tóm and I got dragged around Leamington Spa as part of the
> 'rent's attempt to make us 'get out and about more.'
>
> We had a drink of the spa water stuff. Or at least I think it was a
> spa- it might have been a footbath or something. Hmmn.

Isn't there a shop in leamington called Planet Bong?
Tue 22/07/03 at 12:15
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Saturday to Monday - which means I came home yesterday :p
Tue 22/07/03 at 11:47
Regular
How long ya in Notts for monkey?
Tue 22/07/03 at 10:57
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Oh yeah, forgot about this. Funniest thing happened on Sunday - a pigeon flew into the shopping centre and then into a Vision Express shop and got stuck between the window and a hard place. So from the outside I helped shoo it out again! Then we cheered this bloke who picked the poor bird up and released it!
Mon 21/07/03 at 23:25
Regular
Breaston doesn't have two T's in it....Ahh Breaston. Chequers pub. I love that place.
Mon 21/07/03 at 20:54
Regular
Been into Chilwell monkey? Thats near "Beast-ton"
Mon 21/07/03 at 20:20
Regular
Kiriyama wrote:
> What does Brian Blessed actually doo?

Pooor man's Oliver Reed. IMO.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.