GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why are people so quik to comment on the non interesting things?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/07/03 at 15:45
Regular
Lord Archer today was released after 2 years, When i saw it on GMTV this morning they felt the need to mention Lord Archer will be leaving the prison in about an hours time, which then they commented on "After having his breakfast of cereal"... i mean as if we wanted to know that.

Have you watched some news where you have felt there was no need to mention the whole story or part of a story. let us know what winds you up about the news and reporters etc...
Mon 21/07/03 at 16:22
Regular
yeah but that is worthy. theres worse ones than abu hamza, but he looks the most dramatic so the papers sell more copies and can build a hate figure.
Mon 21/07/03 at 16:20
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Whenever they mention Abu Hamsar (not sure on the spelling) they always say "The Muslim cleric Abu Hamsar, with one eye and a hook for a hand". ALWAYS. I think we can work that one out for ourselves, thanks.
Mon 21/07/03 at 16:07
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
@ngel wrote:
> Umm but then again i dont usually watch it, it was just while flicking
> throught he channels.
>
> I hope your not referring to me as a Mr, as last time i looked i was
> pretty much "Female".

Whoops, my mistake.
Mon 21/07/03 at 16:05
Don't you know? People lap up boring and uninteresting details.

"Nine thirty four A M. Jon is in the bathroom, having a shower. Cameron is picking his nose hair and scratching his nads. Steph is in the kitchen, on her knees, scrubbing the floor, while Ray is cooking italian pasta in a green pesto sauce."

Millions of ineffectual morons switch on to listen to that EVERY DAY.
Mon 21/07/03 at 16:03
Regular
"joypadjunkies.com"
Umm but then again i dont usually watch it, it was just while flicking throught he channels.

I hope your not referring to me as a Mr, as last time i looked i was pretty much "Female".
Mon 21/07/03 at 16:03
Regular
the glorification of news personnel really pissses me off. Martin BAshir is the classic example, the man in is a 24 carat gold prat and can't interveiw for toffee, he's not even manipulative he just asks the same question about 5 times. He is a prat beyond belief. He'd say "micheal Jackson are you a paedophile" MJ:"no". Bashir then will repeat the question 5 times and then announce that he heard that a paedophile used the word "no" in 1987 so micheal jackson must be one too. And because he did a crappy interview with diana the media lap it up.

Apparently the same thing is happening with that rageh omar bloke, they are trying to glorify him, yay he can stand in front of a camera in a war zone, admittedly it wouldn't be my idea of a holiday but it doesn't make him a "hero" or "brave" save that for the active combat troops who actually make it safer for us and the likes of him.

As you say picking up on stupid things like that ispretty annoying, I never understand why in media stroies they always try and slip house values into articles. "Speaking from his £400,000 house in surrey mr jones explained how he first got into turnip growing." does the value of his house actually add anything to the story? I don't care that jeffery archer had shepherds pie with his rasta friend before he left, I'd rather know why he wasn't let out 18 months ago.

Use of the word brave is so over the top. It is not brave to be george best's wife when he has a liver operation as headlines "brave alex" imply. It is on the other hand stormingterrorist caves, or jumping into the sea risking your life to save drowning kids.

Tales of Z list celebrities such as jordan are annoying, i don't care if she deflowered gareth gates. Write the article once! we can take amusement from it, make jokes. But we don't need the article rehashing every week for 2 years.

rant over
Mon 21/07/03 at 16:00
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Wow, you'd be interesting in a conversation:

"What you been up to, Mr @ngel?"
"Town. Shop. Soup."
"Anything else?"
"..."

*awkward silence*

"I have to go over here now..."

But yeah, you're kinda right. But you're also wrong for actually watching GluMTV in the first place - isn't an old ladies fashion parade?
Mon 21/07/03 at 15:45
Regular
"joypadjunkies.com"
Lord Archer today was released after 2 years, When i saw it on GMTV this morning they felt the need to mention Lord Archer will be leaving the prison in about an hours time, which then they commented on "After having his breakfast of cereal"... i mean as if we wanted to know that.

Have you watched some news where you have felt there was no need to mention the whole story or part of a story. let us know what winds you up about the news and reporters etc...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.