GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"-IT-"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/07/03 at 22:52
Regular
watching it now. despite some dodgy actors (J-J-J-J-John-Boy) it's still quite a worrying film.

I remember it scared the crap out of me when I was younger. Waddyyouthink?

"when you come down here with me, you'll float too...."
Wed 23/07/03 at 08:03
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Borat Sagdiyev wrote:
> Mattyboy wrote:
> Where did you get the film, because everyone says it's scary but I
> can't seem to find it anywhere.
>
>
> Its available at blackstar.co.uk for only £5.99
>
> thats it, blackstar.

Yes, but it's a VHS.
Wed 23/07/03 at 01:48
Regular
"oaps.org"
cipro wrote:
> IT like many other TV movie based Stephne King adaptations, is crap.
> The first half is pretty decent and builds up quite a bit of suspense,
> and actually did scare me the first time I saw it (which was quite a
> while ago), but the second half is complete rubbish.

Fact: Stephen King books don't translate well to film as most stuff in the books really can't be done as a visual and so the film often turns into utter dross
Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile are good as they manage to get across most of what's in the book.
Misery is ok, Christine and The Shining don't quite work although they are still good films
personally I'd like to see Rose Madder done as a movie but no doubt it'd be done with some terrible CGI effects
Mon 21/07/03 at 19:37
"The Will of D."
cookie monster wrote:
> Add "Sh" to the title and you get my description of the
> film.
>
> After getting over the fact that he is a clown (wooo super scary), you
> are left with nothing but a lacklustre production.
>
> "This is battery acid"
>
> Errr ok.

If you had bothered to even touch the book (or do is scare you even more so to do that?) you would have realised that it is the children's imagination that gave them the ability to see IT and also fight IT using their imagination, which adults lose after 18 or so.
Mon 21/07/03 at 18:36
Regular
Mattyboy wrote:
>
>
> Its available at blackstar.co.uk for only £5.99

thats it, blackstar.
Mon 21/07/03 at 18:35
Regular
"Whatever!"

Its available at blackstar.co.uk for only £5.99
Mon 21/07/03 at 18:33
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> In the book, there is chapter where the main character all have sex.
> They are 11 years old.
> "It was much bigger than the others. She didn't think that could
> ever fit in her"
> It was, frankly, disturbing.

I had to buy it on VHS from amazon I think.

no dvd available.

it ain't that scary now, but it was when I was younger (I thought) and it's good to reminisce.
Mon 21/07/03 at 17:56
Regular
"Whatever!"
Really scared me when I was little, now I just laugh at it! To be fair the first half was great but the ending was really disappointing
Mon 21/07/03 at 17:16
Regular
"A man with a stick"
IT like many other TV movie based Stephne King adaptations, is crap. The first half is pretty decent and builds up quite a bit of suspense, and actually did scare me the first time I saw it (which was quite a while ago), but the second half is complete rubbish.

Non of the suspense of the first half and lots of pointless, irrelavant conversations with the main characters. The ending is pap as well, and actually made me laugh at certain points, when I think I was suposed to be shaking with fear. Not one I'd recommend, although I thought Tim Curry was great in the role of IT the clown.
Mon 21/07/03 at 16:10
Regular
"bit of a brain"
In the book, there is chapter where the main character all have sex. They are 11 years old.
"It was much bigger than the others. She didn't think that could ever fit in her"
It was, frankly, disturbing.
Where did you get the film, because everyone says it's scary but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Mon 21/07/03 at 16:01
"Darth Vader 3442321"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Stephen King's IT

I certainly wouldn't want to bother wasting days reading one of his books if the ending was just as poor. Which I suspect it would be.

Then ending to IT is awesome and vastly superior to the limited ending of the film. The problem is the immense imagination that King supplies to his dual-ending as both the kids and adults confont IT. The film had sh*te effects and couldn't handle an ending of such magnitude.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.