GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do I...?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/05/09 at 17:23
Regular
I've got an instant site with on a domain registered with you. What I want to use it for hasn't taken off as I thought - mainly through me not have enough time to take pictures.

If I want to use an online album such as Picasa - can I set up my domain to redirect to the Picasa address? If so, how?

Cheers.
Wed 24/06/09 at 09:09
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Same as you did with InstantPro, there are no limits to the amount of space you can use providing that it is all 'web-visible' (i.e. you don't use the server for a backup) and that the material is not copyrighted to somebody other than yourself.
Tue 23/06/09 at 16:35
Regular
Sorry, another query - how much web-space would I get if I did move over?

Cheers!
Tue 23/06/09 at 16:10
Regular
Ok, thanks for the info. I need to have a think as I wanted to get away from paying for the Instant Pro site, but obviously the monthly fee works out about the same.

Cheers for the quick reply though!
Tue 23/06/09 at 14:31
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Yes, but you will be required to sign up for VIP Hosting if you don't want to use one of our internet connections. VIP is charged at £3.49 per month and will allow FTP access from any connection.

Please note, that cancelling your InstantPro service will cancel the hosting and your site will no longer be displayed on-line. The content that you have created using this service will also be lost and will not be 'ported' to the standard or VIP Hosting server.
Tue 23/06/09 at 13:52
Regular
Ok, how about this. If I want to remove the Instant Site part, and just leave my domain to be hosted by Freeola, can I do that?

I can just FTP in all my files, right?
Mon 04/05/09 at 17:42
"Are you sure?"
In MyFreeola:

View/Edit Domain Details > Web Forwarding

Change the forwarding details as required.
Not sure if the Instant Site will have complicated things though.

Another option would be to just add links to send visitors to your other address...

Search Freeola Chat My Freeola Instant Site
Mon 04/05/09 at 17:23
Regular
I've got an instant site with on a domain registered with you. What I want to use it for hasn't taken off as I thought - mainly through me not have enough time to take pictures.

If I want to use an online album such as Picasa - can I set up my domain to redirect to the Picasa address? If so, how?

Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.