GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Problem with Xbox 360 controller"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/05/09 at 10:51
Regular
"How Ironic"
I have the Xbox Elite, so it came with a black controller and a free white controller. I originally used the black one because it looked cooler, but after a couple of months, it started going off on its own randomly (Obviously i hadn't used the same batteries over them months ;D) . After this happened a couple of times, with the batteries on 5 or 6 bars, i changed to the white one. Got a couple of weeks out of it, before it started happening to that to. I've changed the batteries multiple times, made sure the battery compartment is clicking on properly, but still to no prevail. I'm nearly finished Call of Duty, but it's impossible when your about to get stabbed and your controller turns off. Any suggestions, bar the obvious?
Sat 02/05/09 at 17:34
Regular
"How Ironic"
Think problem is solved straight away! All i did was buy a different brand of batteries, and the problem hasn't happened of yet. Also completed Call of Duty 5 in less than a day (wasn't hard, but then again i was on the easiest setting). So look out for the review on that soon! Thanks!
Sat 02/05/09 at 13:13
Regular
"I like turtles"
Wierd one this Chris,I've not come across this problem before.Have you tried swapping the battery packs around on the 2 controllers to see if that transfers the fault from one controller to the other ?.If no joy I would try borrowing a controller off a mate and see if the fault happens with that controller on your console.Either that or try your controllers on a different 360 to see if it is a problem with the console itself.If the fault does turn out to be console related try reprogramming your console to the controllers (as you do when with a new piece of wireless hardware).If the problem still persists and the 360 is out of warranty you may have to use a wired controller on it.Good luck mate.
Sat 02/05/09 at 10:51
Regular
"How Ironic"
I have the Xbox Elite, so it came with a black controller and a free white controller. I originally used the black one because it looked cooler, but after a couple of months, it started going off on its own randomly (Obviously i hadn't used the same batteries over them months ;D) . After this happened a couple of times, with the batteries on 5 or 6 bars, i changed to the white one. Got a couple of weeks out of it, before it started happening to that to. I've changed the batteries multiple times, made sure the battery compartment is clicking on properly, but still to no prevail. I'm nearly finished Call of Duty, but it's impossible when your about to get stabbed and your controller turns off. Any suggestions, bar the obvious?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.