GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Worst Week of my Life"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/07/03 at 16:02
Regular
...so I miss out on the acting job. Okay, cool. I can deal with that.

The doctor tells me on Tuesday that I need to get my nuts scanned as that lovely little lump 'may be cause for concern'. Hm, well that's less good

Then this morning, my girlfriend leaves to take up her new job in America. Right...someone is taking the p!ss.

My apologies to Belldandy and Miserableman for my lack of response so far. I'll probably get round to it at the weekend. Frankly, I'm in a different world right now, so I would imagine any attempt at debate would be embarrassing.
Thu 17/07/03 at 16:02
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
...so I miss out on the acting job. Okay, cool. I can deal with that.

The doctor tells me on Tuesday that I need to get my nuts scanned as that lovely little lump 'may be cause for concern'. Hm, well that's less good

Then this morning, my girlfriend leaves to take up her new job in America. Right...someone is taking the p!ss.

My apologies to Belldandy and Miserableman for my lack of response so far. I'll probably get round to it at the weekend. Frankly, I'm in a different world right now, so I would imagine any attempt at debate would be embarrassing.
Thu 17/07/03 at 16:14
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Whoa.

Talk about "bad luck coming in threes". Or whatever the damn phrase is.

Ok, my synopsis is:

1. Don't worry about the acting job - there are plenty more out there.
2. Don't be too pessimistic in your outlook - remember the earlier it's diagnosed, the more chance you have of getting over it. Also, it might be nothing at all. There's no point in worrying about something until you know the facts for certain because senseless worrying causes stress and fatigue.
3. Don't worry about the girlfriend. There are also plenty more out there.
Thu 17/07/03 at 16:16
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
You know, most lumps turn out to be begnin, and even if you have testicular cancer it has one of the highest recovery rates. Almost 100% of men who have it diagnosed in early stages are sucsessfully cured.

I know how you feel though, in these cases however long the odds you always think but what if.... until you know.
Thu 17/07/03 at 19:01
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Yes, that form of cancer is usually one of the most easily treatable. I can't really do much except repeat the sound advice of the two previous posts.
Thu 17/07/03 at 19:23
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
In fact, I'll do it for you:

1. Don't worry about the acting job - there are plenty more out there.
2. Don't be too pessimistic in your outlook - remember the earlier it's diagnosed, the more chance you have of getting over it. Also, it might be nothing at all. There's no point in worrying about something until you know the facts for certain because senseless worrying causes stress and fatigue.
3. Don't worry about the girlfriend. There are also plenty more out there.

:D
Thu 17/07/03 at 20:16
Regular
Advice, erm, don't worry. I've had that balls thing, messed me up because I worried too much, when really it's quite obvious to see now it was nothing to worry about whatsoever. Whatever happens, even with the as slim as a gnat's ball chance of it actually being cancerous, it'll be fine. It'll be *snip, plop*, and you'll be as happy as Larry again. Bare in mind the plop is the plop that would make if you dropped a pea, not a chestnut.

So you lost the job? Never mind, if it really affected you that badly then you needed to lose it.

As for your girlfriend, good luck to her. If she's doing what she wants to do, then be happy for her. Sure it's gonna suck without her, but you'll cope.

Good luck dude, if this is the worst week of your life you've had a bloody nice ride so far, be grateful. :0)
Thu 17/07/03 at 20:36
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I wish you well...
Thu 17/07/03 at 21:21
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
Good luck, and when your a rich and famous actor, go back and laugh at the people who didn't you the job.

;D
Thu 17/07/03 at 21:27
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
didn't you the job? WTF does that mean? :|
Thu 17/07/03 at 21:28
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Kiriyama wrote:
> didn't you the job? WTF does that mean? :|

Can I hazard a guess at "didn't *give* you the job" ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.