GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another Import shop gets pressured by Nintendo"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/07/03 at 12:17
Regular
Go to www.newageconsoles.com and read the pop up
Tue 22/07/03 at 14:56
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
now Computer Exchange have stopped selling imports (www.cex.co.uk) just phoned them about R Type Final and F Zero ? :(
Thu 17/07/03 at 17:28
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
That site is too flashy, it takes ages to load.
Thu 17/07/03 at 16:19
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Sony are just as bad - it seems that in France, the Eye Toy isn't
> actually out as I was told by some french people whilst working in
> Debenhams the other day.

Then again, they could be wrong for according to amazon.fr they despatch within 24 hrs of placing the order...
Thu 17/07/03 at 16:07
Regular
Sony are just as bad - it seems that in France, the Eye Toy isn't actually out as I was told by some french people whilst working in Debenhams the other day.
Thu 17/07/03 at 15:57
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I hate Nintendo, i really do. It's there own fault that import shops are importing USA/JAP gamecube games because the release dates for Europe are crap. I'm still a fan of nintendo games but we all must admit that they have made themselves come last in the console war! I'm sorry but i probably won't buy the new console in 2005 if there treating us PAL gamers like this. Why the hell should we give them our hard earned cash and make them get even more money when they don't actaully care about their customers??? it's all MONEY MONEY MONEY with them ain't it?? If they shut down Goblindirect before i get my MARIO GOLF and F-ZERO nintendo of Europe and 'Shelly Friend' more like 'Shelly fricking Enemy' will be seeing my fist and a war that doesn't involve Sony or Microsoft.....

What's the best place to buy JAP games from?? www.Lik-Sang.com?? These cannot be shut down can they??? I will buy my USA games from importmadness in the future...... It seems like every import shop in the UK will be gone soon. Happy now Nintendo?? Well the people what make your money aren't, so your profits will soon decrease, gutted.

(I don't know if i'll get over this, give me sometime :) )
Thu 17/07/03 at 13:20
Regular
It doesn't give accurate figues as to how well Nintendo are doing in each area, and therefore, it makes it difficult to see what real problems each area is facing making it harder to resolve.

I think Nintendo should concentrate more on the games than the arguing about imports, but I can see their reasons behind it.
Thu 17/07/03 at 12:44
Regular
It's really stupid. Sure the sales in Europe are going to go down, however the sales in Japan and USA are going to go up. What's their problem, they still sell the same amount, therefore they still get just as much money!

The only way Ninty can stop this is by releasing games in Europe at the same time rather than 5 months later.
Thu 17/07/03 at 12:29
Regular
Sigh.

Nintendo want to sell their consoles etc, Is this the way of doing it?
No.

They need to focus more on advertising etc, They are just being petty about this import business.
Thu 17/07/03 at 12:17
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Go to www.newageconsoles.com and read the pop up

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.