GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Blu-ray laptops"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/04/09 at 19:48
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
ello all,
I'm looking to buying a new laptop with a Blu-ray drive and HDMI output for connection to a 1080p plasma.

I have a friend who already has one and uses it in this way, but with a problem that i wish to avoid.

He can view & use his his laptop on his plasma via a HDMI lead but when he inserts a blu-ray disc it says you dont have authorisation to view the blu-ray film in this way and it can only be viewed on the laptop screen.

Although this is not a problem for my friend, it would be to me as the reason for the blu-ray laptop is to save on buying my girlfriend a new laptop and a separate blu-ray player for the spare room.

Ive visited a couple of electrical stores (ie currys and PC World) asking if this is a common problem with blu-ray laptops but they only prove what we already know, they are only trained in selling, not helping and get confussed when asked question that they are not scripted to answer.

Does anyone know or have any advice that may help me?

Many thx in advance. Tappet
Sat 02/05/09 at 00:29
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
thx for the advice, thats more info than the people that sell them offered. Many thx!
Thu 30/04/09 at 16:52
Regular
I use Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 for blu-rays from my laptop, runs in any monitor I like (through HDMI cable).

Sounds more software than anything else, so yeah, try different players.
Wed 29/04/09 at 20:26
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
One of those problems with quite a few possible answers. I assume the TV in question was fully HDCP compliant? You might try again using AnyDVD HD (free trial available from their site). Also how were the screens set up? Sometimes the screen you're playing the movie on needs to be set to be the primary display (and even the laptop screen turned off). Another thing you can point a finger at is the software playing the movie.

In general though you should be able to do this.
Wed 29/04/09 at 19:48
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
ello all,
I'm looking to buying a new laptop with a Blu-ray drive and HDMI output for connection to a 1080p plasma.

I have a friend who already has one and uses it in this way, but with a problem that i wish to avoid.

He can view & use his his laptop on his plasma via a HDMI lead but when he inserts a blu-ray disc it says you dont have authorisation to view the blu-ray film in this way and it can only be viewed on the laptop screen.

Although this is not a problem for my friend, it would be to me as the reason for the blu-ray laptop is to save on buying my girlfriend a new laptop and a separate blu-ray player for the spare room.

Ive visited a couple of electrical stores (ie currys and PC World) asking if this is a common problem with blu-ray laptops but they only prove what we already know, they are only trained in selling, not helping and get confussed when asked question that they are not scripted to answer.

Does anyone know or have any advice that may help me?

Many thx in advance. Tappet

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.