GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Car Theory Test"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/07/03 at 20:45
Regular
Had me first attempt today. Got there and the first questions were beauties like "what does this sign mean etc" But then came the stupid ones e.g. You are towing a caravan - how do you make it safe - What the hell was that? I probably will never tow a caravan in my life! I got 23 out of 35 for that part cos some of the questions were real bad.

The hazard perception part pi*sed me off. I was hitting them left, right and centre e.g driving along and saw kids playing football by the side of the road - Already assumed the ball would come in the road and kid would follow - Bang button pressed - N E way firing them off real quick and I seemed to have a good eye for them - 30 out of 75 with pass mark of 42.

then i went out and the bloke goes - "oh you failed both parts so you have to book another one for £18 again. Better luck next time" God I just wanted to nut him

So my point is I felt the theory test was a pile of poo and am furious. I have another one booked for thursay 24th July but this time I will revise although I was absolutely furious
Tue 15/07/03 at 22:43
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
smithy wrote:
> in reply to phi11ip - Bit harsh by the "must be a retard
> bit"
>
> But I agree - common sense

Maybe a bit harsh. But I say it to everyone. So don't feel singled out!

:cp
Tue 15/07/03 at 12:06
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Wow! No offence mate, but I've never heard someone fail their theory, and I'm an instructor! Waa haa haaaaa!!!!!

But then you said that you diddnt revise, so it's your own doing - theres mock tests on the net, i've got a cdrom that has the actual questions on it, and it's an official DSA product. It's not hard....

Better luck next time though...
Tue 15/07/03 at 11:27
Regular
"Hmmm....."
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Hmm, never known anyone fail their theory test before...
>
> Are you special?

Jade Goody? That Celebrity Driving School was a joke! I passed my theory test with 35/35 but I took it a month before the hazard perception test came in.
Tue 15/07/03 at 09:44
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I never took a theory test, but then I did take my test 13 years ago!
Mon 14/07/03 at 23:40
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Hmm, never known anyone fail their theory test before...

You dont know my ex
Mon 14/07/03 at 23:32
Regular
"That's right!"
Hmm, never known anyone fail their theory test before...

Are you special?
Mon 14/07/03 at 23:20
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
I did my driving test in Malawi, where you have to use hand signals to indicate braking, turning, stopping, pulling out etc... its quite hard having to drive with one arm ready to shoot out of the window, watching out for the reckless street vendors, the cyclists, the city traffic, and knowing that the you're under the glaring eyes of the examiner.

The theory exam is a joke though, big man with a ruler points out some random road signs and you have to tell him what they mean.

Still it means that driving gets easier once you pass because you can use the proper indicators!!!
Mon 14/07/03 at 23:17
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
They always throw in about 4 really pants questions.

I had one about baby seats. I was only 17, give me a break!
Mon 14/07/03 at 22:27
Regular
in reply to phi11ip - Bit harsh by the "must be a retard bit"

But I agree - common sense

My point though is why the c*ap questions bout towing caravans and trams when I will never need to know anything about it or I can just seek advice when the time comes

Thats my point!
Mon 14/07/03 at 21:20
Regular
Got 100% on my theory. It was the old one though, runs out in december.

Better sort myself out and take my test.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.