GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just seen Hulk"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/07/03 at 18:11
Regular
Advanced preview thing at Cineworld, and as I couldn't be bothered to see Charlie's Angels and already seen Bruce Almighty, this was the only real choice.

I wasn't that confident, although Chopper was in it. But I was surprised. It wasn't until I got in there that I realised Ang Lee was directing, so it'd be subtle moral undertone as opposed to Sam Raimi and his subtle-as-a-car crash morals in Spider-man.

It's not a straight superhero movie such as Spider-man, exploring the psychological reasons for Chopper suddenly becoming big and green and so on. Nick Nolte was class, but Jennifer Connolly, having being crap in A Beautiful Mind (stole the Oscar, shame shame etc), was equally bad in this. But she's not in it all that much.

So don't go in expecting Hulk to be all "grr, Hulk angry, smash Yank-army" and so forth. Although he does, swinging tanks around and putting his angry Hulk-fists through Hulk dogs. Yes, Hulk dogs. Sounds stupid, but actually worked quite well. The character-to-character emoting type stuff is the major part of this film, not the action. It's more a original Batman than an X-Men or Spider-man.

Not amazing, but a decent film. Worth seeing. That's all.
Sun 13/07/03 at 18:11
Regular
Advanced preview thing at Cineworld, and as I couldn't be bothered to see Charlie's Angels and already seen Bruce Almighty, this was the only real choice.

I wasn't that confident, although Chopper was in it. But I was surprised. It wasn't until I got in there that I realised Ang Lee was directing, so it'd be subtle moral undertone as opposed to Sam Raimi and his subtle-as-a-car crash morals in Spider-man.

It's not a straight superhero movie such as Spider-man, exploring the psychological reasons for Chopper suddenly becoming big and green and so on. Nick Nolte was class, but Jennifer Connolly, having being crap in A Beautiful Mind (stole the Oscar, shame shame etc), was equally bad in this. But she's not in it all that much.

So don't go in expecting Hulk to be all "grr, Hulk angry, smash Yank-army" and so forth. Although he does, swinging tanks around and putting his angry Hulk-fists through Hulk dogs. Yes, Hulk dogs. Sounds stupid, but actually worked quite well. The character-to-character emoting type stuff is the major part of this film, not the action. It's more a original Batman than an X-Men or Spider-man.

Not amazing, but a decent film. Worth seeing. That's all.
Sun 13/07/03 at 18:16
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
"he can leap over three miles."

What the hell?!
Sun 13/07/03 at 18:17
Regular
That's just plain lies.
Sun 13/07/03 at 18:18
Regular
Memorandum wrote:
> "he can leap over three miles."
>
> What the hell?!

--

Well, he leaps about a bit, yeah. But he's a Hulk, so it's understandable. Looks good, too.
Sun 13/07/03 at 19:08
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
I'd rather wait for it to show on sky or something.
Sun 13/07/03 at 19:19
Regular
The CGI looks dreadful.
And the Hulk was NEVER that strong.
Sun 13/07/03 at 19:55
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I hate Hollywood remakes. In the Incredible Hulk, he justs turned into a bigger human with green skin. He didn't grow twenty feet tall and have green eyeballs and stuff. Sheesh.
Sun 13/07/03 at 19:59
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
And he couldn't leap *THREE MILES*.
Sun 13/07/03 at 20:01
Regular
Who said he could leap 3 miles? He takes hefty bounds, thats all.
Sun 13/07/03 at 20:07
Regular
Stryke wrote:
Spider-man

YES! Finally!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.