GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"6th Sense?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/07/03 at 12:33
Regular
Recently, my dog seems to have been displaying pyschic abilities, for example my parents had gone out to the shops and it was just me and the dog at home. Because the shop is quite close they were walking. I was playing System of a down really loud and I couldn't hear the TV, even though it was almost on full volume as well (only for a few secs), About a minute before my parents got in, the dog ran to the door and started wagging her tail and all the stuff she normaly does when people come in (no, nothing dodgy). Sometimes she sleeps ON my bed, not in it, and she just stares continualy at the same wall, I have weird stuff next to that wall and I think she can sense it too. Although she is a very friendly dog and always wags her tail at people etc, once when this guy from the gas company came round, she started barking and jumping around, not in a playful way, the guy looked pretty dodgy, but I can't really base anything on that.

So, what are your views? Do dogs have a sixth sense? I certainly think so,
but of course, you will be able to find flaws with my examples. Just because my examples aren't that great, don't dismiss my views.

:D
Sun 13/07/03 at 16:02
Skorp1on wrote:
About a minute before my parents got in, the dog ran to the
> door and started wagging her tail and all the stuff she normaly does
> when people come in...

This is what my sister does when the postman comes...
Damn dogs...
Sun 13/07/03 at 14:11
Regular
"Twenty quid."
monkey_man wrote:
> Dogs (and other animals) have a much more advanced sense of hearing
> and smell than we do. That's why they can catch frisbees in their
> mouths.

I caught a frisbee in my mouth the other day. Cost me £85 to get a cap on my tooth.
Sat 12/07/03 at 23:15
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
I know exaclty what you mean, if I get too near another person in a crowd, I actually start getting a pulsating sensation through my head, I almost collapsed once. It seems to be worse when the person is someone I don't like, weird.
Sat 12/07/03 at 23:05
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I think Humans instintively know when someone is staring at them.

I bet you all can think of a time when you have been staring at someone, and they suddenly look up at you as if they could sense it. Some scientist guy was on Richard and Judy talking about it aswell.
Sat 12/07/03 at 17:39
Regular
don't think its just dogs, humans get it too. I often feel like the phone's about to ring about 15 seconds before it does, or just guess things really well. I guess we all just get a level of it through instinct. Like when you can feel when your being watched.
Sat 12/07/03 at 15:57
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
monkey_man wrote:
> Much more amazing is the ability of bats to find their way about
> "sonically", even though they're blind.

I don't think that's very amazing - just an alternative sight, really. Bats could equally say "Humans are amazing, they can move around without bumping into things without any sonar!".

Actually most humans have a sixth sense - humour.
Sat 12/07/03 at 15:37
Regular
"cachoo"
There is an apparent ghost in my grandparents place. They have three dogs, one blind, one deaf and the other is well.
Apparently they can sense when there is a ghost around or something. It's a bit creepy when you're all alone and the dogs stick their ears up and stare at something random not worth looking at and start whining.
Then again, I suppose that's normal.
You think they know when there's a ghost around ?
Sat 12/07/03 at 13:02
Regular
I do believe dog's have a sixth sense to us.

Because of their hightened sense of smell and they can hear higher frequencys then us, they are far more superior to detect things earlier then we can. Guard dogs being an example.

They are pretty clever creatures, Although - My dog just sleeps all day and night cause she's old.
Sat 12/07/03 at 12:44
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I can see the Scientists now:

"Dog did not react to squeaky toy placed at 45 degree disposition to visual recepticals. Ergo dog has narrow field of vision. Hey look at that, it's sniffing it's own butt!"
Sat 12/07/03 at 12:38
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
Did you know dogs see in

1) Black and white
2) Have a verly limited range of vision
3) See through a bubble lens, like looking through rounded glass.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.