GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Norton Firewall 2003"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/07/03 at 18:36
Regular
Norton firewall 2003. I know this is supposed to keep your pc secure from the internet, but i don't think not letting me access the internet at all is a soloution...

I keep getting dns erros in IE when the firewall is enabled?!! I have checked the boxes for ie in the firewall config but still wont let it work? Anyone have the same problem? Is there any addtional boxes i have to tick?

ps. I am using a cable modem..

Thanks.
Fri 11/07/03 at 18:36
Regular
"..."
Norton firewall 2003. I know this is supposed to keep your pc secure from the internet, but i don't think not letting me access the internet at all is a soloution...

I keep getting dns erros in IE when the firewall is enabled?!! I have checked the boxes for ie in the firewall config but still wont let it work? Anyone have the same problem? Is there any addtional boxes i have to tick?

ps. I am using a cable modem..

Thanks.
Fri 11/07/03 at 20:34
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Well DNS errors are a system wide thing, not specifically related to IE, under normal circumstances. Does it work when you disable Norton PFW? Does any other browser/outlook express work with PFW enabled? Why are you using a PFW anyway?
Fri 11/07/03 at 20:38
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
same situation as you BUT mine works.. so it isnt norton
Fri 11/07/03 at 22:00
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I bet you are actually blocking ALL traffic. If you look on the main menu of NPF2003 you will see 4 icons at the top, Security Monitor, Block Traffic(or Allow Traffic), Live Update and Options. If you see Allow Traffic instead of Block Traffic then your actually blocking every bit of data sent and received. If you see the icon Block Traffic then everything should be working fine.

If this doesnt solve your problems then can you still receive email via POP3 ?
Sat 12/07/03 at 01:32
Regular
"bing bang bong"
You could try http://216.239.57.99/ when the firewall is up - if that takes you to Google you do have a DNS problem (as opposed to an internet blackout). I'm too drunk right now to be of any greater help :O/
Sat 12/07/03 at 10:38
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
if it is block ALL traffic is usually means ALL traffic :P I say it is the comp

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.