GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Click Here" Box"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/04/09 at 17:13
Regular
Hello :)

I have been using the following html code to put in a "Click Here" button so when you click on it it takes you to another website - eg:

to visit Elizabeth's website.

It seemed to work fine at first but now I have noticed if I am in Internet Explorer and I click on the 'Click Here' box the link doesn't work, and if I am in Mozilla Firefox and I click on the box it works but it opens two new windows with the website page instead of just once.

Is anyone able to tell me what I am doing wrong here? I look forward to hearing from you - thank you!
Thu 23/04/09 at 17:13
Regular
Hello :)

I have been using the following html code to put in a "Click Here" button so when you click on it it takes you to another website - eg:

to visit Elizabeth's website.

It seemed to work fine at first but now I have noticed if I am in Internet Explorer and I click on the 'Click Here' box the link doesn't work, and if I am in Mozilla Firefox and I click on the box it works but it opens two new windows with the website page instead of just once.

Is anyone able to tell me what I am doing wrong here? I look forward to hearing from you - thank you!
Thu 23/04/09 at 17:19
Thu 23/04/09 at 17:43
Regular
Thank you for that - will give it a try :)
Thu 23/04/09 at 20:46
Regular
Hello again and thanks for your help - I have just tried the new coding you gave me for the "Click Here" box and for some reason it is still opening two new windows for the other website it is linked to instead of just one new page.

Any ideas why?

Many thanks.

Amanda
Thu 23/04/09 at 21:04
Regular
Very odd, it may well be because of the <button> tag you put in your original code.

Paste the following line between your opening and closing <body> tags, adjusting the link address to suit you:

<a href="http://freeola.com/">Visit Freeola.com</a>

If that opens in 2 windows then it's definitely something to do with the browser or computer you're using.

Report back and we'll see if we can help further if it's still causing issues!
Thu 23/04/09 at 21:56
Regular
Thank you will try again and let you know!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.