GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Johnson sold to Chelsea."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/07/03 at 11:56
Regular
Well if things are not bad enough after being relegated,that's sell our best young defender as well,that should help us get back into the premiership.

West ham have just sold england U-21 defender Glenn Johnson to Chelsea for an undisclosed fee,one of our few shining lights to come from a season of misery at Upton Park,what an inspired moved.

I'm sure there are a few end of career replacements lined up to fill this youngster's spot,I thought the point of strengthening your defence was to keep the best players.

End of rant.
Thu 10/07/03 at 11:56
Regular
"thegodfather"
Well if things are not bad enough after being relegated,that's sell our best young defender as well,that should help us get back into the premiership.

West ham have just sold england U-21 defender Glenn Johnson to Chelsea for an undisclosed fee,one of our few shining lights to come from a season of misery at Upton Park,what an inspired moved.

I'm sure there are a few end of career replacements lined up to fill this youngster's spot,I thought the point of strengthening your defence was to keep the best players.

End of rant.
Thu 10/07/03 at 12:14
Regular
"Long time no see!"
WOW! - Claudio Ranieri signs an ENGLISHMAN!!

How much did he go for, in the end?
I heard about £6m, but I'm not sure...

He looked like a promising full/wing-back for the future - just like Adam Newton once did. He was one West Ham SHOULDN'T have let-go for any price - especially if they're expected to lose 'stars' like Joe Cole, Trevor Sinclair and maybe even Les Ferdinad over the coming months.

Where is Adam Newton??
I've seen him play at youth-level a few times, and he looks like a fantastic wing-back who could shine for "The 'ammers" in Division One.
But, I haven't seen him at he club in ages...

He NEEDS the chance!!

Still, whether you've got Johnson and Newton or not, I'm sure Roeder will be able to find some decent youngsters to come through and replace them - just like Harry Redknapp used to do.

Didn't Jonson only emerge last season, anyway? Just look at him now!
Thu 10/07/03 at 14:26
Regular
"thegodfather"
Solskjær wrote:

> Where is Adam Newton??
> I've seen him play at youth-level a few times, and he looks like a
> fantastic wing-back who could shine for "The 'ammers" in
> Division One.
> But, I haven't seen him at he club in ages...

We sold him,I think it was to Peterborough or someone like that.

Your right he was another good young gun,but the management thought he wasn't good enough for the top division.

Iv'e seen him a couple of times since he moved,and he looks a class above the division he's in,so a premiership or first division side will probably pick him up in a year or two.
Thu 10/07/03 at 15:41
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> WOW! - Claudio Ranieri signs an ENGLISHMAN!!
>
>

Outrageously harsh!

Rainieri has only signed five players in total.

Lampard and now johnson are english.
He has also blooded cole and terry.

He signed on permanent deals: petit, gallas and zenden.

VEry harsh to ter rainieri with the same brush used on his predecessors. for a team which has just sold the england captain and are trying to replace him with ronaldinho you are walking on thin ice. "Chelsea sign an englishman!!! woah!" might be less contraversial. Also these rumours about bridge refuse to go away, if this is a signal of intent from chelsea it could be very interesting.
Fri 11/07/03 at 12:28
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Johnson looks the business and ironically was one of the players who vociferously indicated that he was prepared to fight for WHUFC in the First Division; after Defore slapped in a transfer request.

It's not his fault he's moving though and £6 million is too much to turn down.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.