GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/02/01 at 19:32
Regular
If you have been reading the Freeola news you will have heard that Sony have released specs on the PS3.

Firstly the Specs are quite high, suggesting a very powerful console but the N64 was originally said to have 95MB ram and ended up with 4MB (8MB with expansion). So don't expect the console to be released with what they say now.

It also says in Freeola that the console is ready for production. The only reason why Sony would want to do this would be if they had underestimated the XBox and Game Cube and are only now sorting things out, with another console.

Would they do that, have two consoles on the market at the same time?
3DFX done that with the Voodoo 3, 4 and 5 but since that decision Nvidia has bout the voodoo chip and brand name, and has requested all suppliers to stop shipping the Voodoo cards.
Sat 17/02/01 at 18:22
Unless the PS3 is an add-on for the PS2, it AIN'T coming out for a long time. Believe me!
Fri 16/02/01 at 16:27
I believe that the fill rate and number of polys is in fact the same as for the PS2. As for the 256M, it probably 256Mb (bits not bytes i.e divide by 8).
Can't remember the memory for PS2 but this rumour could possibly be something to do with the hard drive/adapter? Perhaps it will also expand the PS2's capabilities....?

Neil
Wed 14/02/01 at 18:06
Regular
"I like cheese"
If it comes out in less than 3 years time, I'll be very annoyed.
Wed 14/02/01 at 14:34

Guys,

This is WAY OFF ! I know a Sony insider who claims although there are plans for the PS3, they consider the PS2 to become the market leader for the next 5 years. It just doesn't make financial sense to release the PS3 till the PS2 has lived it's life.
Tue 13/02/01 at 21:44
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Even if they do plan on making a ps3, it wont be out for a long, long time from now. So its no worry for the future of ps2.
Tue 13/02/01 at 19:40
Regular
I suggest you read the news again, and then you`ll be able to answer your own question.
Tue 13/02/01 at 19:32
If you have been reading the Freeola news you will have heard that Sony have released specs on the PS3.

Firstly the Specs are quite high, suggesting a very powerful console but the N64 was originally said to have 95MB ram and ended up with 4MB (8MB with expansion). So don't expect the console to be released with what they say now.

It also says in Freeola that the console is ready for production. The only reason why Sony would want to do this would be if they had underestimated the XBox and Game Cube and are only now sorting things out, with another console.

Would they do that, have two consoles on the market at the same time?
3DFX done that with the Voodoo 3, 4 and 5 but since that decision Nvidia has bout the voodoo chip and brand name, and has requested all suppliers to stop shipping the Voodoo cards.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.