GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quick Rant"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/07/03 at 17:46
Regular
Okay, after watching SmackDown earlier I have realised part of the reason for why RAW, despite having all the talent and hype, is still not getting the response from the fans. Ratings spiked last week for Kane vs HHH for the World Title, and for his unmasking. This week they went down again though.

In the past WWE had been getting ratings between 6-7 million people, now it's between 3-4.

And I have to say, I'm not surprised fans don't want to watch it with JR and Jerry 'The King' Lawler commentating.

Lawler, supposedly the colour commentator, comes up with a reasonably amusing line about once a month. And even then it's usually unintentional. He knows absolutely jack all about wrestling, and spends more time talking about 'puppies,' which is no doubt the closest he will ever get to some.

Usually I can cope with JR, but this week he really got to me. I really wanted to slap him during the Stacy and Steiner vs Test and Y2J match. I mean, what is he, God's representative on Earth? Yes JR, we know it's not very nice, but to be honest, I have no problem seeing Jericho and Test destroy Stacy...'angelic' my @rse. I think, as a character, she deserves everything she gets.

But what I don't need to hear is JR screaming, "Oh good god almighty King, this is a young woman!!!! FOR GOD'S SAKE LOOK AT HER FACE FOR ONCE!!! THIS IS SICK WHAT BISCHOFF HAS DONE FOR GOD'S SAKE, PUTTING THIS YOUNG WOMAN IN THIS MATCH!!"

Does he really think we're that stupid? To be honest it's the only thing Stacy's good for. If we're supposed to be intelligent wrestling fans then we understand that you're gonna get hurt in the business right, so we should assume it's something Stacy has to live with so she gets her massive pay cheque at the end of the day. I'm sure she'll survive.

To continue with JR, is he really trying to get Test over as a heel by going on and on and on and on about how he slammed Mae Young? WTF!? If anything, that makes him a face in my book!

JR IS A HYPOCRITE!! AT BAD BLOOD AUSTIN STUNNED MAE YOUNG AND YET WE HAVE HEARD NOTHING ABOUT THAT, HAVE WE!?

Why's that? Because JR is a shareholder in the Stone Cold Steve Austin Kiss My @ss Club. Actually, he's the chairman. This is kinda strange, especially considering Austin spent a lot of 2001 calling him a "damn hillbilly" and beating him to a pulp in front of his family and friends.

Are we supposed to take RAW seriously with this sort of inconsistency?

Are we supposed to take RAW seriously with these two mugs at the commentary table?

Compare them to Tazz and Michael Cole and it's shameful...hell, Paul Heyman was better. At least he knew something about wrestling.

JR's definition of most wrestling moves - "a high impact move there."

Git.
Sun 13/07/03 at 17:50
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
...Goldberg didn't even wrestle on RAW this week...

Yay. :D
Sun 13/07/03 at 11:14
Regular
Nah, Kane has to be somewhere along that line, don't you think?
Sat 12/07/03 at 22:53
Regular
"I like cheese"
Title changes should go as follows:

HHH - Goldberg - Jericho - RVD

Hmph. :D
Sat 12/07/03 at 22:31
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Lipe wrote:
> And yet, your name is the game *sheesh* And of course HHH will lose
> the title, I'm saying he'll lose it in the next 2 months.

hopefully...
i think they'll feud him with Goldberg. he'll probably get the title back the next week though and then refuse to drop it for another 2 years though :(
Sat 12/07/03 at 14:11
Regular
And yet, your name is the game *sheesh* And of course HHH will lose the title, I'm saying he'll lose it in the next 2 months.
Fri 11/07/03 at 23:27
Regular
"RVD V1.0"
RAW SUCK$, The only good thing about RAW is RVD AND TRISH, They should be with SMACKDOWN.

SMACKDOWN RULES!!!
Fri 11/07/03 at 22:56
Regular
"you've got a beard"
The king knows nothing about wrestling???
rubbish.
he's wrestled, and held titles in, pretty much every wrestling organisation that matters.. and most that don't. The character he has now needs a REAL kick forward, it's the same one he's been playing for years.

remember that JR and The King are as much characters as the wrestlers. remember when JR was just Jim Ross? no hat, no mention of Oklahoma and no cookbook. His character became a southern roughneck type of guy so naturally it would be a stone cold supporter.

true, sometimes his over-the-top reactions to things can grate slightly but bear in mind that he's also been responsible for some of the greatest match-calling of all time.

Both of these guys would benefit from some charater progression, but they DO reflect the product at present (Lawler is always on about puppies and the WWE has more lasses for eye candy than ever right now) so the solution would be to forward the product as a whole.. and that falls primarily to?... Vince McMahon. and as long as HIS product goes HIS way, don't expect any major improvements :(

.. and yes, hire Joey Styles. Ultimo Dragon was a good start, but new blood is needed!
shame Triple H will squash them before they start though. will that guy EVER agree to lose the title? i guess being engaged to the bosses daughter has it's benefits...
Sun 06/07/03 at 20:25
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Nah. I think King should stay. True, he knows virtually nothing about wrestling but he is funny, and after all, the aim of the show is to be entertaining. As for JR; he's a veteran of the business and is a great commentator most of the time in my view. He can be annoying sometimes in the way that he goes against the heels so much, but at the end of the day; thats just his character. I think both RAW commentators should stay!

As for the Smackdown commentators; Tazz is good although he should be in the ring as most of you have already said. MC on the other hand; I just find annoying. *And let me remind you ladies and gentlemen, You'll only find this on Smackdown!* Yeah, he promotes the show; but to the wrong people! He promotes it only to the people who are already watching it! The WWE should keep Tazz and demote MC back down to an *interviewer* backstage on Smackdown. Either that; or a commentator on Heat.

:)
Sun 06/07/03 at 19:54
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think JR is trying to hard to liven things up nowadays. The King just annoys me.

"PUPPIES!"

"That's the Big Show, King."

I can't stand Michael Cole so I guess the only one I think should stay is Tazz.
Sun 06/07/03 at 19:26
Regular
I don't mind King since he usually makes me laugh but JR takes things too far. Tazz would also be better off as a wrestler but I heard he didn't like it anymore.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.