GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The next film revolution"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/02/01 at 21:00
Regular
this morning, as i stepped out of my beach house, on the coast of the mediterranean sea, with the froth of the warm morning ocean licking gently at my toes i pondered what the next major step in the develpoment of 'films' as a genre would be.
Whats that i hear you cry? there already is/has been/ one? well, im talking not in the sense of 'VHS to DVD' when there was just a format change, im talking about a total change in the way films are produced, adding an extra dimention to the film industry. Like the change from 'B&W to Technicolor' that has changed films for good, and now it is almost a rite of passege to make any fiLm in Colour (with a few notable exceptions)

Kids now-a-days would turn their pokemon cards and walk away at the thought of watching a B&W a film, but 15 years ago (or there abouts) this was not an issue.

What will be next? 'smell-o-vision'?, will this really add anything to the fiLm experience and will it be practible, cheap? i dont think so, so where do we go from here? we can already interact with 'films' due to the high standards of video games now, and computer graphics are almost constantly used, so where does this cobbly jilted path lead us to?

20 years from now will people turn a blind eye to the thought of leaving their house to watch a movie at the cinema when they have a top-of-the-range entertainment beast at home, and they can download the lastest movie at the click of a button.

I think that maybe films in their purest form have gone as far as they can, and from here it is simply a matter or more accessable distribution.

'(.)'
Mon 12/02/01 at 21:00
"Moderator"
this morning, as i stepped out of my beach house, on the coast of the mediterranean sea, with the froth of the warm morning ocean licking gently at my toes i pondered what the next major step in the develpoment of 'films' as a genre would be.
Whats that i hear you cry? there already is/has been/ one? well, im talking not in the sense of 'VHS to DVD' when there was just a format change, im talking about a total change in the way films are produced, adding an extra dimention to the film industry. Like the change from 'B&W to Technicolor' that has changed films for good, and now it is almost a rite of passege to make any fiLm in Colour (with a few notable exceptions)

Kids now-a-days would turn their pokemon cards and walk away at the thought of watching a B&W a film, but 15 years ago (or there abouts) this was not an issue.

What will be next? 'smell-o-vision'?, will this really add anything to the fiLm experience and will it be practible, cheap? i dont think so, so where do we go from here? we can already interact with 'films' due to the high standards of video games now, and computer graphics are almost constantly used, so where does this cobbly jilted path lead us to?

20 years from now will people turn a blind eye to the thought of leaving their house to watch a movie at the cinema when they have a top-of-the-range entertainment beast at home, and they can download the lastest movie at the click of a button.

I think that maybe films in their purest form have gone as far as they can, and from here it is simply a matter or more accessable distribution.

'(.)'
Wed 14/02/01 at 10:45
Regular
"OLD Newbie"
Your telling me every time I go to class I keep thinking how nice it would be to own one of those projectors. Theyre damn expensive though, but just imagine playing Tekken on the big screen!
Fri 17/04/09 at 19:16
Regular
The 10th Annual Newport Beach Film Festival will kick off its eight-day run with the Opening Night screening of Lymelife on April 23 and close with the West Coast premiere of (500) Days of Summer on April 30. Following the red carpet screening of Lymelife, the Festival will host a grandiose Opening Night Gala at the Bloomingdale’s Courtyard in Fashion Island with culinary creations from over 20 Newport Beach area restaurants, a fashion show presented by Bloomingdale’s and Fashion Island and a special performance by Cirque du Soleil’s Zumanity. The Festival will showcase more than 400 films from over 30 countries and will host nightly special events, including red carpet galas, post screening receptions, compelling conversations with filmmakers, international spotlights, industry seminars and retrospectives. Select highlights include an An Evening with Marc Shaiman, an Action Sports Film Series, a Family Film Series and an Environmental Film Series. For more information and to purchase tickets go to www.newportbeachfilmfest.com.
Fri 17/04/09 at 19:47
"The Boss Lady"
Sounds great!

I'll have to watch the highlights video on YouTube however.

=(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.