GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What games did everyone else rate... but you hate?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/02/01 at 20:01
Regular
I dont just mean games that sold really well... but games that everyboday rated as amazing, setting new standards, etc...

SimCity (any)
Populous (1/2 & Beginning)...
Wed 14/02/01 at 15:52
The Resident Evils, theyre all great particularly number 2 onwards... I love them,
although if your unsure if youll like them or not. Then Rent before you buy, If your a dedicated gamer then you may even complete the Resi game over the 2 night rental period!
Wed 14/02/01 at 15:00
Regular
ssxpro wrote:
Resident Evil. Maybe I`m just not grown up enough, but so far I haven`t bought a single RE game.

Perhaps you've actually MATURED too much to get one...
Wed 14/02/01 at 14:18
My friend Rob has Sonic Adventure which he hates, he loves the original Sonic games but cant stand Sonics new Dreamcast Outings. To be honest I sort of agree with him the original Sonics are more fun to play!
Wed 14/02/01 at 13:05
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Road Rash 3D has to be the only game on the PSX where the Megadrive version was much more playable. (I even suspect that the Megadrive version had better graphics too).

This game must go down as the worst conversion in history, yet the gaming press were at fault for hyping it so much that I went and bought it.

Lesson: Ignore the press, listen to your mates on SR.
Wed 14/02/01 at 10:22
Regular
"not dead"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Delta Force - It's gay!

In what way do you mean 'gay'?

I know nothing of this game, so I'm wondering what kind of 'gay' it is!

It just sounds so funny to describe a game as 'gay'!

I think that should have been it's slogan though:

Delta Force - It's gay!
Wed 14/02/01 at 10:12
Regular
"smile, it's free"
So....is there anyone here who DID like virtua fighter?
Wed 14/02/01 at 00:38
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I've never really liked Virtua Fighter either. I remember practising for awhile, stringing moves together, etc. Then someone came over, hit the buttons and beat me, didn't even know what the hell they were doing. After that i decided to try it myself - just picked the fastest character Pai and hammered the punch button as fast as i could and hey presto - never been beaten since !

Thats also including people that think themselves pretty good too ! Overall it must be one of the worst fighting games i've ever played with no rewards for practising.

Tue 13/02/01 at 11:15
"Darkness, always"
Delta Force - It's gay!
Final Fantasy 8 - poor.
Deus Ex - average, or less
Tiberian Sun - Pathetic.

I'll think of more, gimme some time.

-IB
Tue 13/02/01 at 11:10
I hated the Virtua Fighting series to, it just didnt seem as good as Streetfighter2 or Tekken!

I like Dead or Alive, although a similar game, it just seems to play better than Virtua Fighter.
Tue 13/02/01 at 00:44
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Didn't like Final Fantasy 7. Rather irritating turn based combat system. I've seen paper and pencil RPG's with more interesting combat than that.

I hated the Virtua Fighter series, was it 2 buttons that you used? Slow, unresponsive blocky characters moving in a rather jerky fashion. Not much correlation between what you press and what your character does. A friend of mine once payed £1 to play Virta Fighter 2 in the arcade. A miniute later he'd lost.....he said "Who the hell was I?".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.