GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another Becks Topic"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/07/03 at 15:46
Regular
So finally the silly haired muppet and his washed up pop star wife has gone to Real and got his shirt number - 23, which should keep Rául quite happy, picked supposedly in honour of his 'hero' Michael Jordan who also wore the number 23 shirt when he played for the Chicago Bulls and Washington Wizards.
I'm just hoping now this has been decided no paper will try and compare Jordan and Becks and the impact they have on their respective sports. While yes they might indeed have the same advertising power and recognition worldwide there really is no comparison to be made in their different skills and the effect they actually have out there when playing their game.
Jordan has far more talent in his little toe then Becks can ever dream of. Jordan could do it all in the game of basektball, there wasn't any real weakness to his game, however Beckham can't even run with a football and can only put in a decent cross and the occasional good free kick.
While the two games are totally different and require different attributes even trying to put Becks up there in the same league as Jordan as a great sportsman is in my opinion verging on blasphemy. MJ, Babe Ruth, Dan Marino, Pele, Ayrton Senna, John McEnroe all these people i would call world class sportsman however the name of David Beckham doesn't actually come into my mind at all, he wasn't in my top 3 of the best players at United and he damn sure isn't in my Real top 3.
However maybe in a few months or so when he's warming the bench with McManaman, finally we can all escape this Beckham mania and actually concentrate and give credit to the sportspeople who are actually good at their sports.
Fri 04/07/03 at 07:49
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I was adding it, no need to state the obvious. And before you ask, I'm not a member of the BNP.
Thu 03/07/03 at 18:29
"Gracia senoir"
Off course they will Nazi boy
Thu 03/07/03 at 18:27
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
And all the companies who sponsor him will have a field day in Spain...
Thu 03/07/03 at 16:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea i always thought we got a great deal for Becks as a footballer but as a money making machine Real got a bargain
Thu 03/07/03 at 16:46
God, looks like Real Madrid did well. 8000 Beckham No.23 shirts sold in 4 hours.
Thu 03/07/03 at 16:38
Even if Figo goes to Inter, Cambiasso is a better all round player than Beckham.
Thu 03/07/03 at 16:19
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
He may be overrated, but still a good player. and warming the bench with Macca? Possibly.
Thu 03/07/03 at 15:53
Same same.
Thu 03/07/03 at 15:47
"I love yo... lamp."
Here here. I always thought he was over rated.
Thu 03/07/03 at 15:46
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So finally the silly haired muppet and his washed up pop star wife has gone to Real and got his shirt number - 23, which should keep Rául quite happy, picked supposedly in honour of his 'hero' Michael Jordan who also wore the number 23 shirt when he played for the Chicago Bulls and Washington Wizards.
I'm just hoping now this has been decided no paper will try and compare Jordan and Becks and the impact they have on their respective sports. While yes they might indeed have the same advertising power and recognition worldwide there really is no comparison to be made in their different skills and the effect they actually have out there when playing their game.
Jordan has far more talent in his little toe then Becks can ever dream of. Jordan could do it all in the game of basektball, there wasn't any real weakness to his game, however Beckham can't even run with a football and can only put in a decent cross and the occasional good free kick.
While the two games are totally different and require different attributes even trying to put Becks up there in the same league as Jordan as a great sportsman is in my opinion verging on blasphemy. MJ, Babe Ruth, Dan Marino, Pele, Ayrton Senna, John McEnroe all these people i would call world class sportsman however the name of David Beckham doesn't actually come into my mind at all, he wasn't in my top 3 of the best players at United and he damn sure isn't in my Real top 3.
However maybe in a few months or so when he's warming the bench with McManaman, finally we can all escape this Beckham mania and actually concentrate and give credit to the sportspeople who are actually good at their sports.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.