GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GameCube game name structure"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/02/01 at 14:07
Regular
Nintendo do like to re-use game titles with an added prefix ('Super' on SNES games) or suffix ('64' on N64 games) to relate them to the machine they are apearing on.

Therefore it's more than likely that the GameCube will follow suit.

We've had Super Mario Kart and then Mario Kart 64 and soon they'll be joined by Mario Kart Advance (if it ends up still being called that). What will the inevitable GC version be named?

My guess would be either Mario Kart Cubed or, more likely, Mario Kart^3 (to the power 3 - damn this lack of superscript). Which would you prefer or can you suggest any better formats?
Mon 12/02/01 at 14:07
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Nintendo do like to re-use game titles with an added prefix ('Super' on SNES games) or suffix ('64' on N64 games) to relate them to the machine they are apearing on.

Therefore it's more than likely that the GameCube will follow suit.

We've had Super Mario Kart and then Mario Kart 64 and soon they'll be joined by Mario Kart Advance (if it ends up still being called that). What will the inevitable GC version be named?

My guess would be either Mario Kart Cubed or, more likely, Mario Kart^3 (to the power 3 - damn this lack of superscript). Which would you prefer or can you suggest any better formats?
Mon 12/02/01 at 14:09
"Darkness, always"
Why not just GC?

Sounds OK to me:

Mario Kart GC
Turok GC
Perfect Dark GC

etc.

-IB
Mon 12/02/01 at 14:10
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Mario is game?
Mon 12/02/01 at 14:16
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Why not just GC?

Seems a bit too explicit.

Mario Kart GBA or Mario Kart Advance? Which sounds better?
Mon 12/02/01 at 16:12
Regular
"everyone says it"
dont be silly guys if The Big N were going to do that they would have it as:
Mario128 or WaveRace128
Mon 12/02/01 at 17:24
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
er-no wrote:
> dont be silly guys if The Big N were going to do that they would
> have it as:
Mario128 or WaveRace128

Yeah... but that doesnt go, you see...

SUPER Nintnendo has 'Super' postfixed games... e.g. Super Star Wars

N65 had '64' postfixed games... Wave Race64
Mon 12/02/01 at 17:28
Regular
It won't be 128, I'm pretty sure about that...
Tue 13/02/01 at 00:18
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Yeah, it's probably gonna be GC. Sounds okay at least.

'Mario Cube' would just sound weird, and a suffix of 'game' wouldn't really work either. They're not going to use '128' because they're not the only console to be 128 bit. Perhaps - radical idea here - they won't use a suffix / prefix at all? Hopefully by now they've learnt that it just sounds a little silly.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.