GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What The Hell Is This Country Coming To ?."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/04/09 at 20:57
Regular
"I like turtles"
On Thursday afternoon I discovered some litter which had been discarded at the back of my workplace.When I went I remove it I noticed part of it was a freshly severed dogs head in a plastic bag.I phoned the police and was told they would respond that evening.They did not,nor did they the following morning.I phoned again and was basically made to feel like a complete nuisance.They eventually responded and said because no one has reported such an animal missing that no offence had been committed ? (would that still be the case if it was a human head ?).They then took the offending item away to be destroyed,only to bring it back 2 hours later !.Seriously,the Police Officer said Trading Standards would be required to destroy it and they would be along first thing on Saturday morning.They duly called on Saturday morning but only to inform me that they could not remove it for destruction until Tuesday morning due to fact they only had skeleton staff on duty over the Easter weekend.What the hell is going on here ?.Firstly,why are the boys in blue not even attempting to look for the sick b****** that did this ? and where is the detterent to prevent them doing such a thing again ?.I have had health laws quoted at me from both the Police and Trading Standards but how exactly is being made to leave a decomposing dogs head in a general waste bin for 5 days complying with these laws ?.I know I may sound like a whinging old bloke with my (this wouldn't have happened when I was lad) rant,but I seriously do not know what the hell we pay our our taxes for ?.
Tue 14/04/09 at 11:57
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
pete_21 wrote:
> As for common sense in these days of H&S and form filling
> madness,it doesn't exist in my experience.Thinking about it,maybe
> the Police didn't want to deal with this as it would have meant
> someone doing hours of paperwork ?.Whatever,I still feel it
> should have been logged incase whoever was responsible decides
> that they rather enjoy their new hobby.

Hmm such an incident should have been logged onto the intelligence system, there might not be much to be put onto it but like you said potentially a person who hacks off dogs' heads could then step it up. I would have thought the police would have wanted to have any intelligence about body parts being severed off of anything at the moment. I don't know which county you live in but in Hertfordshire at the moment we've got someone going around leaving body parts in lay-bys. Obviously it's highly unlikely they'd be linked but you never know right?

Also just on the side when you report an incident you're fully entitled to ask for a log number as it forces their hand and a log will have to be made.
Tue 14/04/09 at 01:40
Regular
The person who did it must have been barking mad.
Mon 13/04/09 at 22:53
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Report them to the local papers. They may be immoral c**kfaces but bad publicity will give the authorities a kick up the a**e.
Mon 13/04/09 at 22:46
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
pete_21 wrote:
> As for common sense in these days of H&S and form filling
> madness,it doesn't exist in my experience.Thinking about it,maybe
> the Police didn't want to deal with this as it would have meant
> someone doing hours of paperwork ?.Whatever,I still feel it
> should have been logged incase whoever was responsible decides
> that they rather enjoy their new hobby.

You'll probably find that police believe they shouldnt be dealing with it anyway. Now if they'd had a report of a stolen dog, then its theft and thats their jurisdiction. I think the vast majority of animal cruelty prosecutions are still brought by the RSPCA I'm surprised they didnt point you in the direction of the RSPCA already actually as they deal with animal remains removal too. But again another organisation that wont want to do anything unless they can help it.
Mon 13/04/09 at 22:15
Regular
"I like turtles"
Good points Sibs & DL.

Even if the poor animal was already dead.Why would someone feel it necessary to hack its head off then dump it ?.I would class that as an act which should cause some degree of concern.

As for common sense in these days of H&S and form filling madness,it doesn't exist in my experience.Thinking about it,maybe the Police didn't want to deal with this as it would have meant someone doing hours of paperwork ?.Whatever,I still feel it should have been logged incase whoever was responsible decides that they rather enjoy their new hobby.
Mon 13/04/09 at 21:30
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
> Yeah,that's what would have thought as well.Can assure you its
> not happened in this instance.The Officer which attended did not
> even give this an incident number,let alone crime it.Thinking
> about it I may inform the RSPCA in the morning,see what their
> spin on it is.Personally I have been disgusted by the whole
> episode.

Fortunately, I think I am 'far older than you' Pete, but unfortunately I have to agree with you. The problem exists with today's H&S regulations which seem to be implemented by a complete moron based somewhere in Europe. I have to change 'practices' daily, because the moron has implemented another regulation. Common sense doesn't exist any more - if it did, you would be sued or jailed for life:-D
Mon 13/04/09 at 21:26
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I'm not sure they'd be able to do much... This is all conjecture but I'd imagine there's no evidence of cruelty to an animal here unless they can somehow know the head was severed while the animal was alive. If the head was severed when the animal was dead I would imagine there's no offence there (the dumping of the head would probably be an offense, but probably something that wouldn't get a major sentence).

Anyway, seems a bit of run-around you've been getting and I'd certainly be a bit peeved in your position (let alone a bit disturbed at the discovery of a severed dog head). However, I imiagine it's something no-one encounters on a regular basis, so I can understand the confusion (but taking the head then bringing it back seems a bit stupid... Why couldn't the police keep hold if it and pass it on to the appropriate people...?)
Mon 13/04/09 at 21:21
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yeah,that's what would have thought as well.Can assure you its not happened in this instance.The Officer which attended did not even give this an incident number,let alone crime it.Thinking about it I may inform the RSPCA in the morning,see what their spin on it is.Personally I have been disgusted by the whole episode.
Mon 13/04/09 at 21:10
Regular
I thought cruelty to animals was a crime, and therefore by reporting it to the police, you have reported a crime.

Or am I missing something procedural from a Police point of view?
Mon 13/04/09 at 20:57
Regular
"I like turtles"
On Thursday afternoon I discovered some litter which had been discarded at the back of my workplace.When I went I remove it I noticed part of it was a freshly severed dogs head in a plastic bag.I phoned the police and was told they would respond that evening.They did not,nor did they the following morning.I phoned again and was basically made to feel like a complete nuisance.They eventually responded and said because no one has reported such an animal missing that no offence had been committed ? (would that still be the case if it was a human head ?).They then took the offending item away to be destroyed,only to bring it back 2 hours later !.Seriously,the Police Officer said Trading Standards would be required to destroy it and they would be along first thing on Saturday morning.They duly called on Saturday morning but only to inform me that they could not remove it for destruction until Tuesday morning due to fact they only had skeleton staff on duty over the Easter weekend.What the hell is going on here ?.Firstly,why are the boys in blue not even attempting to look for the sick b****** that did this ? and where is the detterent to prevent them doing such a thing again ?.I have had health laws quoted at me from both the Police and Trading Standards but how exactly is being made to leave a decomposing dogs head in a general waste bin for 5 days complying with these laws ?.I know I may sound like a whinging old bloke with my (this wouldn't have happened when I was lad) rant,but I seriously do not know what the hell we pay our our taxes for ?.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.