GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is Feeola any good if i want to design a website similar to friends reunited?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/04/09 at 18:08
Regular
Hi
I want to create a website which will be database led. E.g. people can enter their details such as where in the country they live etc and search the database to locate others - similar to friends reunited i suppose.
Would the £3 p/m freeola deal with free website builder allow me to do this?
I notice from looking at customer websites such as the Best dating site ever created by 'billy' that this can not be viewed - am i right in thinking that this is because it is too complicated and database led??
Thanks
Wed 22/04/09 at 01:25
Regular
you will not be able to use their site builder but I dont see why freeola cannot host the site if you build it yourself or upload software to do it for you

though you have to pay extra for the mysql database which is required unless you use a flat-file system which is not as good if you have a lot of people on the site at once.
Sun 12/04/09 at 21:08
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Simple answer no.
A Website builder is more appropriate for a brochure/personal type of site. For the kind of interactivity you're talking about you'll need to write it yourself or try out one of the "off the shelf" systems (eg iSocial, Yoghurt) and see if that does all you want.
Sun 12/04/09 at 18:08
Regular
Hi
I want to create a website which will be database led. E.g. people can enter their details such as where in the country they live etc and search the database to locate others - similar to friends reunited i suppose.
Would the £3 p/m freeola deal with free website builder allow me to do this?
I notice from looking at customer websites such as the Best dating site ever created by 'billy' that this can not be viewed - am i right in thinking that this is because it is too complicated and database led??
Thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.