GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sheringham Signs For Pompey"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/06/03 at 19:09
Regular
Smiling Teddy Sheringham admitted he couldn't turn down the chance of another year in the Premiership after being unveiled as Portsmouth's latest high-profile signing.

The 37-year-old joins Patrik Berger, Dejan Stefanovic and Boris Zivkovic at Fratton Park as Harry Redknapp builds a side he hopes can survive among the elite.

Sheringham today inked a one-year deal worth £15,000 a week after being released by Tottenham at the end of last season.
Tue 01/07/03 at 20:20
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
They need someone youthful who can do a lot- 23-year old Yeovil Town man Gavin Williams. I know I rabbit on about how well he played in the FA Cup with Hereford United a few years back, but he impressed me with his skill.
Tue 01/07/03 at 11:04
Regular
"Long time no see!"
So, they've got Berger down the left, but who's on the right?

If Redknapp can get the balance just-right, with 2 decent crossers of the ball and only Teddy Sheringham, in the middle, to aim for, they could be on to something really good, next season.

However, I'm still a little doubtful that Sheringham will be able to perform to 'his best', like he has done for both United and Spurs in recent-years of the past...
His last season at White Hart Lane (or will he be back AGAIN?!?) didn't really show me why Glen Hoddle had decided to keep him as Tottenham's first-choice in the attack. Sure, he had some good moments, but he also looked like a totally different player, with his lack of goals - which have given him his reputation, in the past.

Then again, Portsmouth are a very-different team to Spurs.
They're a great deal of experience in there, and that could really suit ol' Sheringham and his "changed" style-of-play.

It'll be interesting to see what happens, though.
I never had any great expectations for him when he arrived at Old Trafford - and just look at what happened there! :)
Mon 30/06/03 at 22:47
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
English_Bloke wrote:
> I think Berger didn't play enough for the reds. Some was down to
> injuries, but some was down to the management.

I agree and then maybe Liverpool might of done a bit better if he had played more.
Mon 30/06/03 at 22:45
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I think Berger didn't play enough for the reds. Some was down to injuries, but some was down to the management.
Mon 30/06/03 at 22:43
Regular
"es argh"
YAY!

By the way, Zivkovic is the Croation captain.

Our most expensive signing is Dejan Stefanovic for 1.5 mil, not bad

But I personally think that Sheringham and Berger are fantastic players, I just hope that the whole team gels.

REMEMBER MY WORDS, Matthew Taylor is the future Left Midfielder for England... You'll all see next season, has the potential to be the next beckham.

Ant wrote:

> It's a shame for all the players who helped them get to the Premier
> Division who are left out now though...

T'is sad, but then again look at Pompey's defeat against Man Utd. We only got it into their box after 25 minutes, so there are improvements that have to be made.

I'm not sure what harry's gonna do about Shaka though, he says that his main target is a goalkeeper, hmmm, maybe Paul Robinson?

But the main goal next season is more important that avoiding relegation, beating the Scummers! (S***hampton), They're gonna be games to look out for, they've both been moved to Sundays due to crowd violence :D It's gonna be WAAAAY bigger than The Brum derby. Hope Sky can get it live...

Good luck to Pompey!
Mon 30/06/03 at 22:04
Regular
"I like cheese"
Zivkovic is a fantastic signing. He's from Leverkusen and would have played regularly if it wasn't for the strong defensive line-up they have - Placente, Lucio, Juan and Sebescen.

He's a Croatian international and a very good defender as far as I can tell, and Berger certainly had his moments for Liverpool.

It's a shame for all the players who helped them get to the Premier Division who are left out now though...
Mon 30/06/03 at 21:05
Regular
"thegodfather"
Harry loves to dip in the bargain bin,Berger's a good buy if he stays fit.
Stefanovic had a mare at Arsenal and I'm not sure where Zivkovic comes from.
Does anyone know if Merson is staying for another season.
Mon 30/06/03 at 19:50
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Good to see some experienced players at Fratton park, since they've often had quite young teams in the past.
Mon 30/06/03 at 19:13
Regular
He certainly likes an experienced side does Harry.

Stone, Sherwood and now Sheringham.
Mon 30/06/03 at 19:09
Regular
"Proud PS2+GC Owner"
Smiling Teddy Sheringham admitted he couldn't turn down the chance of another year in the Premiership after being unveiled as Portsmouth's latest high-profile signing.

The 37-year-old joins Patrik Berger, Dejan Stefanovic and Boris Zivkovic at Fratton Park as Harry Redknapp builds a side he hopes can survive among the elite.

Sheringham today inked a one-year deal worth £15,000 a week after being released by Tottenham at the end of last season.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.