GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help with homepage and menu"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/04/09 at 22:39
Regular
Hi All

I hope that you can help me.

I have two sites I have built. Both sites I have a 'have to be over 18' enter or exit type thing. But regardless of this, the navigation menu is on the homepage, because I don't know how to remove it, but keep it on every other page.

I hope I have made sense. If I sound confusing, let me know, and I shall try my best to explain better.

I use the sitebuilder that comes with the sites :)

Thank you for your time.

Sas x
Wed 15/04/09 at 10:56
Regular
Thank you for the response....that s great.

And thank you for fixing the moderator thing. I did not know anything about it, so I did not know what to do about it :)

Sas x
Tue 14/04/09 at 16:24
Regular
Hi Saskia

What you are looking for is typically known as a 'splash screen' page.

This feature will be added in the next update of InstantPro Website Builder - in the very near future. Until the update, Hmmm...'s suggestion is probably the best way to do this.

(@Dragonlance: Bit of a weird one that! Thanks for pointing it out - it's now fixed)
Mon 13/04/09 at 22:43
Regular
Hi

Thank you for the reply.

I think I shall do that. From looking at the options, I thought that may be my only choice. Nice to have it confirmed.

Thanks again.

Sas x
Sun 12/04/09 at 09:48
"Are you sure?"
Saskia wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I hope that you can help me.
>
> I have two sites I have built. Both sites I have a 'have to be
> over 18' enter or exit type thing. But regardless of this, the
> navigation menu is on the homepage, because I don't know how to
> remove it, but keep it on every other page.
>
> I hope I have made sense. If I sound confusing, let me know,
> and I shall try my best to explain better.
>
> I use the sitebuilder that comes with the sites :)
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> Sas x

Hi, and welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure you can do what you are after with Freeola Instant sites. The only way round it I can think of is to choose 'no menu' for all the pages and add your own navigation manually on the pages that need it leaving the home/gateway page with an enter/exit link.

If there is a way just to remove the site navigation from one page I'm sure someone will be along to explain.

Search Freeola Chat
Sat 11/04/09 at 23:17
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
How come this User is displayed as a Regular in this post, yet their User Profile displays them as a Moderator - have we a new one?
Fri 10/04/09 at 22:39
Regular
Hi All

I hope that you can help me.

I have two sites I have built. Both sites I have a 'have to be over 18' enter or exit type thing. But regardless of this, the navigation menu is on the homepage, because I don't know how to remove it, but keep it on every other page.

I hope I have made sense. If I sound confusing, let me know, and I shall try my best to explain better.

I use the sitebuilder that comes with the sites :)

Thank you for your time.

Sas x

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.