GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone tried a Detox?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/06/03 at 13:33
Regular
As I drink like a fish at weekend, I like to balance it out by cleansing my system with a dash of exercise and a hint of healthy eating during the week.

I've tried a detox twice before, but only got one day into it and caved.

Eating nothing but fruit and salad for a day, and only drinking water or fruit juice is harder than it sounds. that stuff doesn't fill you up, by tea-time I was dying for a burger or a nice juicy steak.

Anyone else tried it, or am I the only one who has too much time on their hands? :D
Sun 29/06/03 at 13:33
Regular
As I drink like a fish at weekend, I like to balance it out by cleansing my system with a dash of exercise and a hint of healthy eating during the week.

I've tried a detox twice before, but only got one day into it and caved.

Eating nothing but fruit and salad for a day, and only drinking water or fruit juice is harder than it sounds. that stuff doesn't fill you up, by tea-time I was dying for a burger or a nice juicy steak.

Anyone else tried it, or am I the only one who has too much time on their hands? :D
Sun 29/06/03 at 13:53
Regular
"thegodfather"
I do a 24 detox once a month to flush the system out a little.

I have a book called Total Detox by "Jane Scrivner's",it covers six Detox's including a weekend one,quick fix hangover and a relationship one,there's also an ULTIMATE 30 day Detox if youv'e got the time or patience ( I have neither ).

The recovery tips for the hangover are as follows.

Drink water upon rising,sips rather than downing in one go.
Hot water,lemon juice and honey instead of caffeine (as much as you like).
Make yourself a museli,yoghurt,fresh fruit breakfast (no fry-ups).
Keep drinking water during the day to rehydrate.
A little fizzy water (carbonated water re-oxygenates the blood).
And eat fruit,veggies and grilled fish is good too.
Sun 29/06/03 at 13:56
Regular
yeah, I have several good books, detox dieting and the raw energy bible. I fancied trying the weekend one first, but like I said after one day I got unbelievably hungry. I eat a lot normally y'see and my body wasn't happy with me fobbing it off with rabbit food.

now I'm living back with my parents and have less distractions I may have a proper go.
Sun 29/06/03 at 14:04
Regular
"thegodfather"
I know they say to get the best from it you should be relaxed and lazy so that your mind and body both get the benefit,but if I sit around for too long I just get the munchies and want to eat pringles and drink beer.
I tend to do the 24 flush out if I have a fairly busy day,but this just defeats the object...oh well.
Sun 29/06/03 at 14:52
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I've never tried a detox, I try to eat healthily, drink loads of water and exercise 4 times a week. Personally I can't see the point in being good for a few days just to go and binge at the weekend, just most things in moderation is the way I go, of course everyone has their slip up days :)
Sun 29/06/03 at 15:09
Regular
Did one a few years ago.

I found rice and vegetables made a relatively good meal.
Relatively.
Compared to the water and lettuce.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.