GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need some help on region 1 DVDs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/06/03 at 10:35
Regular
I bought a really good DVD player yesterday, only £50.00 and I worked out how the DVD player can play region 1,3,4,5,6 and 0 DVDs and I just like to know what are the best Region 1 DVDs to buy which are better in terms of extras, and better than region 2 DVDs thanks.
Sun 29/06/03 at 16:36
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Lou Role wrote:
> Also, check out www.usdirectdvd.co.uk.

£1.99 for delivery unless you buy 3 or more DVDs on top of prices that are already more expensive than places like Play? I'm not convinced.

Does no where else take cheques?
Sun 29/06/03 at 16:06
Regular
"Ah the mystic porta"
the australian one is no good if you want dvds early but it is good if you want them cheap
Sun 29/06/03 at 16:05
Regular
"Ah the mystic porta"
i use www.play.com for region 1 dvd's and www.ezydvd.com.au for australian dvd's which i think are region 4
Sun 29/06/03 at 16:03
Regular
Don't buy DVD's for the extras, buy them for the films.

In most cases the extras are a complete waste of time.
Sun 29/06/03 at 15:16
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Also, check out www.usdirectdvd.co.uk.

I've been buying dvd's from them since I got my multi-region player about a month ago. Delivery is realy fast too, I pay by cheque and I still get my imports in just over a week. I reckon that's pretty fast.
Sun 29/06/03 at 11:11
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
maddmun wrote:
> Prices and release dates are all that matter.

That only applies to newer releases but even then it's still worth having a look at both versions, especially if they are released at the same time and for (near enough) the same price.

Have a look at www.dvdcompare.org.uk for comparisons on loads of different DVD across region 1, 2 and often 3 and 4 as well. I'd say it's particularly worth checking out both versions on films released over about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. There is the point that you're much more likely to find a R2 DVD that old in a sale compared to the R1 version so you just have to put a price on how much you value the extra extras.

The current list of 'winners' breaks down as follows (taken from the site today):

Region 1 Winners : 912
Region 2 Winners : 698
Region 3 Winners : 31
Region 4 Winners : 47
Region 0 Winners : 297
Draws : 1646

Total: 3631

By my reckoning that would mean that, price aside, although almost half of the DVDs listed have no difference, the R1 DVD is the best buy around a quarter of the time. Prices and release dates are certainly not all that matter.
Sun 29/06/03 at 10:50
Regular
Prices and release dates are all that matter.
Sun 29/06/03 at 10:35
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
I bought a really good DVD player yesterday, only £50.00 and I worked out how the DVD player can play region 1,3,4,5,6 and 0 DVDs and I just like to know what are the best Region 1 DVDs to buy which are better in terms of extras, and better than region 2 DVDs thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.