GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bruce Almighty."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/06/03 at 14:53
Regular
Bruce Almighty, Jim Carreys latest box office hit, and it will go down in history as the film that knocked Matrix reloaded off the top-spot in America, but is it any good?

Well, in terms of creativeness, yes. The film is a good idea, and has plenty of highlights that we can all associate with our own lives. Basically Bruce (Carrey) is sick of life and feels god is deliberately making his life difficult, and when he looses out on a promotion he has a breakdown blaming God for everything. Enter God (Freeman), sick of Bruce’s whining God gives him his powers and the fun really starts. It’s amusing to see how Bruce uses these powers as we can all honestly say we’d use them in a very similar way.

However the story doesn’t really go much further than that and fails to hit an amazing climax.

If your looking for a film that is funny and un-original then this one is for you, if you’re a fan of Carrey’s work, don’t miss it (its quite rewarding when Freeman say “Aaallllriiiggghhhttttyy then” in the style of Ace Ventura) If your looking for a suspense film with a moral to its story, I’d give this a miss.

Garlic Bread overall liking…Good with elements of Great
Garlic Bread favourite scene… Bruce on live television at Niagara falls.
Garlic bread rating… 7/8 out of 10
Thu 26/06/03 at 14:53
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Bruce Almighty, Jim Carreys latest box office hit, and it will go down in history as the film that knocked Matrix reloaded off the top-spot in America, but is it any good?

Well, in terms of creativeness, yes. The film is a good idea, and has plenty of highlights that we can all associate with our own lives. Basically Bruce (Carrey) is sick of life and feels god is deliberately making his life difficult, and when he looses out on a promotion he has a breakdown blaming God for everything. Enter God (Freeman), sick of Bruce’s whining God gives him his powers and the fun really starts. It’s amusing to see how Bruce uses these powers as we can all honestly say we’d use them in a very similar way.

However the story doesn’t really go much further than that and fails to hit an amazing climax.

If your looking for a film that is funny and un-original then this one is for you, if you’re a fan of Carrey’s work, don’t miss it (its quite rewarding when Freeman say “Aaallllriiiggghhhttttyy then” in the style of Ace Ventura) If your looking for a suspense film with a moral to its story, I’d give this a miss.

Garlic Bread overall liking…Good with elements of Great
Garlic Bread favourite scene… Bruce on live television at Niagara falls.
Garlic bread rating… 7/8 out of 10
Thu 26/06/03 at 16:29
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I've had the idea of giving one man Godlike powers many a time. But would he listen? Oh no "I'm not trustworthy enough and will doubtless do something irrevocable and foolhardy".

Like we need Wasps anyway.
Thu 26/06/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Garlic Bread!? wrote:
> Bruce Almighty, Jim Carreys latest box office hit, and it will go down
> in history as the film that knocked Matrix reloaded off the top-spot
> in America...

Matrix has been out for ages, anyway, so it doesn't surprise me. It's like saying Bryan Adams' "Everything I Do..." has been knocked off the top slot after 16 weeks...

I'll still go and see it, though.
Thu 26/06/03 at 17:04
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Dont get me wrong, it's a good film, if your looking for comedy, but if your in search of a strong plot and climax then it falls a little short.
Thu 26/06/03 at 17:09
Regular
That's like sayin "if you're looking for an Italian gangster movie then Star Wars falls short".

It's a light hearted comedy and I highly doubt anyone's expecting anything else.
Thu 26/06/03 at 17:12
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Unbeliever wrote:
> Garlic Bread!? wrote:
> Bruce Almighty, Jim Carreys latest box office hit, and it will go
> down
> in history as the film that knocked Matrix reloaded off the top-spot
> in America...
>
> Matrix has been out for ages, anyway, so it doesn't surprise me. It's
> like saying Bryan Adams' "Everything I Do..." has been
> knocked off the top slot after 16 weeks...
>
> I'll still go and see it, though.

U2 - The Fly I believe did that
Fri 27/06/03 at 22:44
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> That's like sayin "if you're looking for an Italian gangster
> movie then Star Wars falls short".

I disagree. Those imperial troopers remind me of gangsters any day.
Sat 28/06/03 at 16:17
Regular
"thegodfather"
It's definately taking Carrey's career back in the right direction,after films like Cable Guy & Liar Liar.
Me myself and Irene was the funniest thing he did for ages.

Best moment from Bruce Almighty is the bit with the monkey.
Sat 28/06/03 at 16:28
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I thought BA was pretty crap actually.
Sat 28/06/03 at 22:47
Regular
"Ah the mystic porta"
Hercules! wrote:
> I thought BA was pretty crap actually.

you would appear to be in a minority with your opinion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.