GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BEST GRAPHICS PROGRAM TO USE?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/06/03 at 18:36
Regular
I would say PSP7(paint shop pro 7) because i found it so easy to use. I'm yet to go out and get the PSP8 and try it out, i heard it has soem of the most amazing features.

I would also recommend Adobe Photoshop 7, it's very easy to use and layers are easy to. If your no good with this kind of program then look up soem touritials as it is very easy to learn.

Anyway, what do you think?
Sat 12/07/03 at 23:13
Regular
"cachoo"
PS 7.
Sat 12/07/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I used Photo Shop 7 a lot in Art last year and I found it a great package to use once you get the hang of it (And it's not hard to learn, believe me.)
Sat 12/07/03 at 16:27
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Photoshops UI is designed by the sort of retards that make buying a user guide an absolute necessity. PSP is a lot easier to use (versions before about 5 - I can't stand to use PSP6 or over) but is not quite as powerful. Generally I use a mix of programs where possible, although Photoshops layers can make it difficult to export work to other packages and import it back again.
Sun 29/06/03 at 19:16
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Photoshop 7.
Fri 27/06/03 at 21:07
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
PSP8 has some really good graphics stuff to it but I couldn't hack it.

Meanwhile, any idiot can use Photoshop. It's ultra super easy!
Fri 27/06/03 at 21:05
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Tyddy wrote:
> I would say PSP7(paint shop pro 7) because i found it so easy to use.
> I'm yet to go out and get the PSP8 and try it out, i heard it has soem
> of the most amazing features.

I've not used PSP8, and although theres no doubting the simplicity of PSP7 - especially given that PhotoShop tends to leave me a little lost :) .. However, I've found PhotoShop Elements to be a pretty good PSP alternative... Its simple to pick up, and has a decent level of flexibility
Thu 26/06/03 at 16:47
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
I use Paint Shop Pro 7, and find it does pretty much everything I need it to for photo correction, editing, and printing too, along with exports to jpeg and gif for web graphics.

But I ought to mention Serif's PhotoPlus 8 as well, which is cheaper and almost as good (better in some respects).
Thu 26/06/03 at 13:31
Regular
Photoshop no doubt. Easily the best 2d graphics program I've used. Of course its not exactly cheap so if you're going to buy the program that people recommend I'd check out the trial version to see what you think of it.
Thu 26/06/03 at 09:34
Regular
"..."
Turbonutter wrote:
> I much prefer the way The GIMP works.

Is it the leather mask with the zips that you like best?
Thu 26/06/03 at 02:08
"I love yo... lamp."
Turbonutter wrote:
> I personally can't stand Photoshop, I much prefer the way The GIMP
> works. PS just takes so much effort to do simple things.
>
> I also like Fireworks MX. It has lots of advantages.

Once you get used to PS it is great. Huge but great. Don't know about Fireworks MX, I had 4 and loathed it. Used PS or PSP for things instead.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.