GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Computer Games aren't great!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/02/01 at 21:49
Regular
Why?

Because they ruin our lives, that's why!

Don't you get it, they become addicive...

The screen messes up your eye's...

You get massive headaches...

You forget your social life...

Your work goes behind...

It eats your money...

One day we'll all grow out of them...

So what am I going to do about it?
Sod - all I suppose.
I'll guess I'll be stuck as a computer games addict all my life...

I'll probably even end up making games for a living...

BUT I WON'T LET MY CHILDREN NEAR ONE OF THESE DAMNED THINGS!

That's if I ever manage to get a wife...
Sat 10/02/01 at 21:49
Regular
Why?

Don't you get it, they become addicive...

The screen messes up your eye's...

You forget your social life...

Your work goes behind...

It eats your money...

One day we'll all grow out of them...

So what am I going to do about it?
Sod - all I suppose.
I'll guess I'll be stuck as a computer games addict all my life...

I'll probably even end up making games for a living...

BUT I WON'T LET MY CHILDREN NEAR ONE OF THESE DAMNED THINGS!

That's if I ever manage to get a wife...
Sat 10/02/01 at 21:50
Regular
Don't take this topic too seriously, lol!

:-)
Sat 10/02/01 at 21:51
Regular
There was another guy who didn`t do paragraphs, you could teach him something
Sat 10/02/01 at 23:37
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Dan_uk wrote:
> Why?

*FM will now rip this topic apart in a tongue-in-cheek friendly kind of way....*

Don't you get
> it, they become addicive...

*Great! The more addictive the better. We as gamers require addictiveness as one of the gameplay qualities which we seek when purchasing our games. And its a lot healthier than getting addicted to chemicals, I'm sure you will agree.*

The screen messes up your
> eye's...

*I just looked in the mirror...Nope, still the same old eyes I started out with. 20/20 vision still (with glasses, but then I've been wearing glasses since I was 7, long before games consoles appeared on the scene.*

*See your doctor if this happens to you, but it doesn't happen to me because I actually take heed of the advice in the instructions that come with every game that tell you to break for 10 minutes every hour. So I do, I have a fag and a coffee then get back to gaming.*

You forget your social
> life...

*Nope, I remember with great clarity that I never had a social life to begin with, and anyway, it would get in the way of my gaming, so can't be bothered with one.*

Your work goes behind...

*Give up work then, take up gaming as a full time vocation like I did. Your peers will respect you as a hardcore gamer, and your rivals will call you a dole scrounger, but what the hell, like Nike said, 'Just Do It'.*

It eats your money...

*This is what money was invented for. Historians have always assumed that money was invented to facilitate trading, when in fact in was invented many millennia ago so that people could start saving up for a PS2. It nearly worked as well....*

One
> day we'll all grow out of them...

*Nah, don't be silly. Men are just big boys, and it takes a man (or big boy) to admit it. Gaming is in our nature, our genes are wired up for it, it is what we were created for, on the 7th Day God kicked back and played Tetris.*

So what am I going to do
> about it?
Sod - all I suppose.
I'll guess I'll be stuck as a
> computer games addict all my life...

*Join the club, it's growing by the day, membership is free, bring your own tea and coffee though.*

I'll probably even end up
> making games for a living...

*I'll look forward to that. Can you do something about Lara's green T-shirts? As in make them vanish?*

BUT I WON'T LET MY CHILDREN
> NEAR ONE OF THESE DAMNED THINGS!
That's if I ever
> manage to get a wife...

*Who needs women when you've got a games console? You can let your mates play with your console and it won't mind, you can upgrade it for a better model, you can insert things into a console that you can't insert into......etc.*
Sat 10/02/01 at 23:57
Regular
depend on what games u play on to mess up your social life. i mean playing on somethin like championship manager will totally ruin your socail life. But games like zelda dont. i talked to my mates for months bout that game.
then there are the great multiplayer games dat we play with other humans! i see what your saying and i see ya angle and i agree
Sun 11/02/01 at 03:38
If i didn't have computer games i would be bored all the time so my life would be nothing without computer games so i need them and with out computer games i wouldn't be able to become a computer games designer. So i need games and i love computer games (not literally)
Sun 11/02/01 at 08:22
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
My social life kinda exists because of games! Every friday and saturday a group of 6 of us huddle around a big screen TV, and hook up the N64 (or, if we ever get bored, a Playstation). As there is 6 of us, the loser has to give up his/her pad to onr of those not playing.

As tony the tiger said, "Don't run with scissors.
Sun 11/02/01 at 13:28
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
The most social experience I've ever had with mates was on the last day of school a coup[le of years back. N64- large TV- 4 controllers... teams of 4 per controller with 50 onlookers... first to 100 kills wins!

Pure genius.

And don't forget samba de amigo... i may get it for having a laugh with all my friends, and not just the guys... but who knows!

SonicRav
Fri 05/10/01 at 23:14
Regular
lol.

I can't believe I wrote this. :-D
Sat 06/10/01 at 10:28
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Lol!!! I just spend the evenings playing games when I know no-onw will call to go Bowling etc.!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.