GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just got back from Hospital.. :("

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/06/03 at 21:13
Regular
I feel ill. Really ill.

The coincidence of such an event is uncanny. I can see why you're all so afraid to go to the Hospital, for I, myself, have just been there.

I was mowing the lawn this afternoon, and I was nearly finished when some stupid friggin' grass clogged the blade. I went underneath to unclog it, when the blade span up again and sliced off my hand. Clean.

Why the hell didn't I turn off the Lawnmower first? The pain in my arm is so bad. It's also covered in Iodine. And it hurts.

And the worst part? They couldn't reattach it. I now have to go through life with only 4 fingers. And I have already found problems.

It had to be my writing hand, didn't it? If it was going to be either of my hands, it would be the one that I write with. I also do most things with my right hand, including, well, y'know.

And the thing is, I still feel like I still have my hand there. I want to go feel it but I can't. It's so frustrating.

I look at the stump, all rapped in bandages. How could I have been so stupid? No one leaves the lawnmower running to go and stick their hand under and unclog it. What a fool I am.

I can see this seriously affecting my outlook on life. I had seriously low self-esteem beforehand (Pun not intended), and now I have to face life's challenges with only one hand. I don't want to cry, I really don't, but the only way I could vent my anger was by telling you guys.

"Go do the lawn Howard. I've been calling you for 10 minutes!"

I slowly rub my eyes. With both hands.

How could a be so stupid? What a fool I am. I was just dreaming.

Mowing the lawn has never been so rewarding until now. I look at my hand and wonder what life would be without it, and I feel I have already been able to gaze through the window and see.

And before I can think, the blade clogs. I slowly reach under to unclog it, unconscious of the fact that the motor is still chugging…
Wed 25/06/03 at 23:34
"I love yo... lamp."
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I had images of you using your face to type because you had no
> fingers.

i typed this with nose!¬
Wed 25/06/03 at 23:08
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
I add myself to the list of people you so cleverly fooled, Chipseh.

Very well done.
Wed 25/06/03 at 15:37
Regular
Stop toying with my emotions, Howard.
Wed 25/06/03 at 15:33
Regular
"Plate of glue"
:) = *\/* . :( = */\*
Wed 25/06/03 at 13:49
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Damn you - I was taking it in until I read several lines past the 4 fingers comment. Then it struck me as eh? lost finger or lost hand.

Only then did it truely dawn on me who had posted the topic :)
Wed 25/06/03 at 08:56
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Well, this was certainly a better a better outcome then I was expecting.
Wed 25/06/03 at 03:39
"I love yo... lamp."
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I had images of you using your face to type because you had no
> fingers.

*sniggers*

What ever your on, can I have some?
Wed 25/06/03 at 03:27
Regular
"8==="
Thank fug it was a story! I only realised at the end!
Wed 25/06/03 at 03:08
I mowed the lawn today, got shouted to do so, and am also called Howard. I'm living in a parallel universe to you, Howard.
Tue 24/06/03 at 23:41
Regular
I had images of you using your face to type because you had no fingers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.