GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Memories - The ones you'll never forget"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/06/03 at 19:20
Regular
Has anyone got any memories from when you you were a little kid, that you'll never going to forget about?

I always remember when I was 6 or 7. I was in the back garden with a few of my mates. There was a gulley-way on the right, with some bushes and a fairly hugh tree. The fencing was as low as my hip. I can always remember talking to my mates, who had the backs turned against the gulley (Ali) and I was facing them and the gulley.

I looked into the gulley seeing a man with a grey beard and long greyish/blackish hair and didn't have a clue who he was and how he got there. He was looking at me. By the time I got my mates attention and pointed, the man had dissapeared. I don't have a clue where he went as he wasn't hiding in the bushes and there was no way he could have walked past us.

My mates never believed me, and it has always got to me from that day, wondering who he was and where he went.

I have also seen a ghost but that has never bothered me as much as the man.
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:57
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Was the middle of the night, my bedroom is the only one that faces the back of the house.
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:55
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Didn't anyone else in the household hear the laughing?
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:52
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
And face your stern accusations of trying to get more hits. I think not.
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:51
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
a link TO them*
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:51
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Or you could just have provided a link them on your website...
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:47
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
They have quirky titles because they are going to be part of my biography one day...
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:46
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Three Times

This was the first apparition that occurred to me in my life, and probably the one I remember the most. It happened when I was eleven, almost twelve years old but I can remember it as if it was yesterday. One night I awoke at exactly 3am, and looked over to my bedroom door, which I used to leave open a crack. As I looked at my door it started to slowly open, and once it was fully open I witnessed the figure of a young girl walk in. At first I thought this was my younger sister who was nine at the time, but the girl looked about five, much too young to be my sister. She wore a long white nightgown and had very long blonde hair. The girl stood in my doorway for a couple of seconds then moved over to my desk chair. It was one of those office style chairs that have wheels on the bottom and the seat rotates. The girl kneeled on the chair and spun herself round. After she pushed herself around for the third time she simply faded to nothing.
At first I thought this was just a dream or that I was seeing things, but that was not the case. The evidence was clearly there, my bedroom door was fully open and my office chair was facing a different direction to usual. This was when I realised I has indeed seen a ghost. But this wasn’t the end of the experience with the little girl. The next night I woke up again at exactly 3am, and witnessed the exact same apparition, and it occurred on a third night also. After the third night it simply ceased to occur. I am not sure as to the relevance of the apparition but the number three seemed to play a large part in them. It occurred for three consecutive nights, it occurred at 3am each night and the girl spun three times on my chair. What this means I really have no idea, all I do know is that every time I wake up at 3am in my bedroom, I am unnerved.

Laughter

A few months after the apparitions of the young girl had ended I had an unnerving experience. I awoke one night needing the toilet, so I rose from bed and answered the call of nature. On my return to my bedroom I heard a faint noise, but ignored it and put it down to been my overactive imagination. As I got into bed again the noise got louder and I recognised it as young children’s laughing. At first I assumed it was a child in a nearby house laughing, but realised that it was the dead of night and there were no particularly young children who lived near me. The sound of laughter got louder and louder until it sounded as if it was coming from right outside my window. I could now make out each delighted shriek of child’s laughing and could tell that there seemed to be more than one child.
I wasn’t scared as much as baffled as to why there were some small children playing in my back garden in the middle of the night. I lay in bed waiting for the noise to go away but after a few minutes it was unbearable. I kneeled up on my bed and tore open my curtains to see who the culprits were but was faced with an empty garden. The split second I did this, the laughter stopped and everything was silent again. I was puzzled about what has happened and it crossed my mind that it could somehow be related to the apparition of the little girl I saw. It never happened to me again but I am still ready to tear open the curtains should it ever happen again.

The Old Woman

A few years ago in the summer holidays I spent quite a lot of time messing around in the woods near my house with my friend. One day we were cycling up to the woods when we noticed a large old house that we hadn’t noticed before. It had a dirty white exterior, old-fashioned windows and was surrounded by large trees. How neither of us had noticed the house before was exceptionally strange but we both decided it looked distinctly eerie. This house backed onto the woods in which we were making our way to so we decided we would take a look at the back of the house from the safety of the woods. The upstairs windows had a thick white netting in them so we couldn’t see inside, but we could clearly see into the kitchen. We viewed an old gas cooker with a large metal kettle on it. There was a sink with dirty long-necked brass taps, and the walls were bare and dirty looking. We came to the conclusion that the house was probably abandoned, this accounted for the bad state of repair and the old-fashioned interior.
However been quite inquisitive that wasn’t the end of investigating the house. Whenever we were in the woods we would go and look at the house, hoping to see something, what we hoped to see I don’t know. On nights the house never had any lights on and we never witnessed anyone leaving or entering the house. This built up our theory that the house was abandoned. But if the house were abandoned, why wouldn’t an estate agent claim the house and sell it? There was no “for sale” sign in the garden so this couldn’t be the case. There was one time, and just one time, after we had probably been looking at the house three weeks, that we saw something. We were looking at the front of the house at the upstairs windows and an old woman just appeared from nowhere in the window, she looked at us for a few seconds as we stared back, amazed. After a couple of seconds she faded to nothing and the house was empty again.
I assume it is possible that an old lady lives alone in the darkness and never leaves the house but I feel it is doubtful. Both my friend and I know what we saw and it was definitely an old woman, she wore and old blue sweater, had curly white hair and glasses. We agreed not to tell anyone about the experience but then something happened. Another friend of mine was taking a shortcut through the woods and looked into the kitchen of the same house and saw an old woman watching him. He waved at the old woman and told me that as he waved at her she faded to nothing and the kitchen was empty. He described the old woman as having curly white hair, glasses and wearing an old blue sweater. Whether the house is abandoned and haunted, or an old lady lives there without lights and a change of clothes, I do not
know. What I do know however is that I don’t dare knock on the door to find out

Ghost Dog

One night I was walking back from the cinema alone, it will have been about 8 O’clock. I was walking towards my house when I saw a dog on the other side of the road alone. I thought it strange that a dog would be out on its own on a housing estate, especially late at night but continued to walk. The dog caught sight of me and began walking across the road getting faster and faster until it was running right at me. I panicked and began to walk quickly trying to avoid it but it was running at me too fast. When it got right in front of me it leapt at me and I covered my face fearing the worst, the dog however had disappeared.
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:45
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I'll take your word for it, that way I will place the blame on you.

:-D
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:44
Regular
"Baros!!!"
[email protected]

Been having trouble for a month now getting on. There's nothing wrong with posting them again, as it's not like your making a new topic or something.

Tis up to you anyways.

=D
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:41
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
gerrid wrote:
> djerrud uses too many OOOOOOOOOOOs

That's a lie and y0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o000u know it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.