GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Veron Leaving??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/06/03 at 11:54
Regular
Juan Sebastian Veron has revealed that he expects to follow David Beckham out of Manchester United this summer.

The 28-year-old Argentinian midfielder, who was signed from Lazio for a club record £28.1 million by Sir Alex Ferguson two years ago, has suggested that he would be happier at Inter Milan or Juventus next season.

He is quoted as saying: "I think I will be playing in Serie A next season. I am flattered that a few teams are looking at me. Big players are good in big teams.

"I would not have any problems playing for Hector Cuper (at Inter Milan) or Marcello Lippi (at Juventus). I will be the right man."

Veron, who still has three years remaining on his present United contract, has endured a largely frustrating time at Old Trafford.

And United, who have agreed to sell Beckham to Real Madrid for £24.5 million, would have to surely accept a lower fee for Veron than they paid Lazio given the depressed transfer market.

Veron added: "I have a contract that binds me to United for another three years. I wouldn't have a problem in continuing my English adventure, but I think I'll be back playing in Italy."

He continued: "In the first year in Manchester I wasn't fit. I had a tendon problem but I tried to grit my teeth because I wanted to play.

"Then the knee injury disrupted my second season, although when I came back I gave my help."

Veron has scored 11 goals in more than 80 matches for the Red Devils.

I think most Manchester United fans would like to see the back of him, as he hasn't really produced anything special we all know he is capable of.

What does everyone else think?
Tue 24/06/03 at 11:54
Regular
"Proud PS2+GC Owner"
Juan Sebastian Veron has revealed that he expects to follow David Beckham out of Manchester United this summer.

The 28-year-old Argentinian midfielder, who was signed from Lazio for a club record £28.1 million by Sir Alex Ferguson two years ago, has suggested that he would be happier at Inter Milan or Juventus next season.

He is quoted as saying: "I think I will be playing in Serie A next season. I am flattered that a few teams are looking at me. Big players are good in big teams.

"I would not have any problems playing for Hector Cuper (at Inter Milan) or Marcello Lippi (at Juventus). I will be the right man."

Veron, who still has three years remaining on his present United contract, has endured a largely frustrating time at Old Trafford.

And United, who have agreed to sell Beckham to Real Madrid for £24.5 million, would have to surely accept a lower fee for Veron than they paid Lazio given the depressed transfer market.

Veron added: "I have a contract that binds me to United for another three years. I wouldn't have a problem in continuing my English adventure, but I think I'll be back playing in Italy."

He continued: "In the first year in Manchester I wasn't fit. I had a tendon problem but I tried to grit my teeth because I wanted to play.

"Then the knee injury disrupted my second season, although when I came back I gave my help."

Veron has scored 11 goals in more than 80 matches for the Red Devils.

I think most Manchester United fans would like to see the back of him, as he hasn't really produced anything special we all know he is capable of.

What does everyone else think?
Tue 24/06/03 at 12:40
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Lucio wrote:

> I think most Manchester United fans would like to see the back of him,
> as he hasn't really produced anything special we all know he is
> capable of.

Well if Fergie actually played him in a position he's used to and not over on the right wing or just in front of the back four then he might show us what he's capable of. He's the type of player who plays just behind the front two and unlocks defences with short precise passing, not hoofing it up the field 60 yards and defending like a dog. He's not built for that, he's a magician that can conjour up moments of magic not tracking back and slide tackling a striker. I'd much rather him stay and Fergie to actually play him in his right position then to see him go. That goal against Parma last season is what we know he's capable of given the right chance.
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:25
Regular
Veron has been linked with a move back to Italy ever since he joined United.

Has anyone ever heard him speak english? Can he speak english? Wouldnt be surprised if his quotes were taken out of context.
Tue 24/06/03 at 14:37
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm not surprised to see him linked with ANOTHER move away from Old Trafford, either!

But, if anything, with David Beckham gone, surely the chances of Veron actually wanting to stay at Old Trafford would be increased, with a now even-greater chance of him getting in the first-team squad for next season.

Even if we do sign Ronaldinho, Geremi and "Mumbo-Jumbo", there's no guarrentee that they will 'settle' instantly. And Veron will only be ready-and-waiting in the shadows, with a good knowledge and understanding of how the United team plays, already.

Barcelona appear to be the only non-Italian club that have been linked with him... But, no matter how-much money they may have, I do not see a world-class midfielder moving to a team who won't be leaving Spain next season - no matter who's in-charge.

But, I'd still be surprised to see him leave for Serie A if he has the choice... Unless, perhaps, AC Milan came in with a decent offer for him...
He's been with us this far, so he might as well stay, after seeing how close we can really come, in the Champions' League, last season.
Tue 24/06/03 at 17:10
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Veron has done quite well- accumulating Player of the Month several times. It's just the fact he's inconsistent, paid £80,000 a week and expected to deliver because of the £28.1m price tag. Pressure does it.
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:01
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Veron is a great player and his long range passing was better than Beckhams. I doubt if he'll leave the club.
Wed 25/06/03 at 04:55
"I love yo... lamp."
Get rid of him. He has a goatee. Which as everyone knows is the international symbol of pure evil.
Wed 25/06/03 at 11:20
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Or, perhaps this is Veron's way of playing 'Mind Games' with the "Mind Game Master", so he'll have an even better chance of getting a regular first-team place, next season, with Beckham out-of-the-way??

But, if Fergie ain't even gonna show respect to the likes of Peter Schmeichel, Jaap Stam, Paul Ince and even David Beckham - this could backfire on the "Little Witch", and perhaps we WILL see Veron on-his-way!?

But the fact is, we NEED a player of Veron's quality and calibur if we are to get anywhere near the Final in Europe, again, next season.
Wed 25/06/03 at 17:11
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Get rid of him. He has a goatee. Which as everyone knows is the
> international symbol of pure evil.

Just like someone in a heavy metal band!
But he is a good player. You can't deny it. He just doesen't always perform, like a less serious Forlan.
Thu 26/06/03 at 12:50
Regular
Latest Veron "quotes"

"Right now my only thoughts are of United, and my aim is to improve my game," said Veron.

"My first year at the club was so-so but in the second we won the Premiership title. Now I want to return to winning important trophies in Europe.

"I know one day I will return to play in Italian football. But I am not planning to do so for the time being."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.